Re: [archosjukebox6000] JBR20v2 w/Rockbox 2.5 - won't start?

  • Joseph McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2006
      I don't know about your unit - but it sounds like the batterys are not charged!

      uwiz <gts-yahoo.com@...> wrote: Hi all - long time no post. Still using the same old JBR20v2, which I
      decided against putting a bigger drive in when I discovered that doing
      so would require me to desolder the case :P

      Anyway, this is my current problem. I used the player (after a long
      time sitting idle) at the dentist and had the battery apparently go
      flat while I was there. At that point, trying to re-start the unit
      caused the initial logo to display, then the word 'Loading...' (which
      may be Rockbox-specific), and then the top row of display icons
      appeared, but nothing else - the entire rest of the screen was blank.
      It appeared to be happy to sit there and grind away like that for any
      amount of time. The red light on the top of the Jukebox was
      flickering continuously, and I could hear a faint clicking coming from
      the hard drive as well, which worried me.

      I attached it to USB when I got home and it performed flawlessly -
      detected by the computer immediately, and all the files seem to be
      there; no errors were detected and no bad sectors. However, trying to
      unplug the USB connector from the unit causes the same symptoms as
      previously.

      I'm currently letting it trickle-charge through the USB connector, as
      when I attempt to attach it to an adapter, Rockbox (which is in "Car
      Adapter Mode") tries to start up the unit, leading to the symptoms above.

      Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next? (I'm
      considering backing up all the files and trying to format the unit clean.)

      Thanks!