HD error on JB 6000

  • nagolder2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2005
      Hi Guy's.

      If i turn on the the JB 6000 i got an "HD error" message.
      I checked the HD with an enclosure and it is working fine there. Also,
      i re- soldered all connections wich have been questionable.Batteries
      are new and have full power.Rockbox 2.5 is installed.
      Any suggestions what could be wrong ?

      Thanks in advance.
    • Sven Radke
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2005
        On 25.10.2005, at 18:20, nagolder2000 wrote:

        > Hi Guy's.
        >
        > If i turn on the the JB 6000 i got an "HD error" message.
        > I checked the HD with an enclosure and it is working fine there. Also,
        > i re- soldered all connections wich have been questionable.Batteries
        > are new and have full power.Rockbox 2.5 is installed.
        > Any suggestions what could be wrong ?

        Did you resolder the IDE Connector ?

        cheers,
        Sven
      • nagolder2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 28, 2005
          Everything resoldered,but no effect.
          HD spins but says "HD error"
          I think i'll give up.......:((

          --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, Sven Radke
          <Sven.Radke@g...> wrote:

          > On 25.10.2005, at 18:20, nagolder2000 wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Guy's.
          > >
          > > If i turn on the the JB 6000 i got an "HD error" message.
          > > I checked the HD with an enclosure and it is working fine there.
          Also,
          > > i re- soldered all connections wich have been
          questionable.Batteries
          > > are new and have full power.Rockbox 2.5 is installed.
          > > Any suggestions what could be wrong ?
          >

          > Did you resolder the IDE Connector ?
          >
          > cheers,
          > Sven

        • Hans-Werner Neumann
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005
            Did the HD work before in the AJB?

            What happens if you connect the AJB via USB to your PC? (first connect cable
            to runing PC, then start AJB)

            nagolder2000 wrote:
            > Everything resoldered,but no effect.
            > HD spins but says "HD error"
            > I think i'll give up.......:((
            >

            > --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, Sven Radke
            > <Sven.Radke@g...> wrote:
            >>

            >> On 25.10.2005, at 18:20, nagolder2000 wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hi Guy's.
            >>>
            >>> If i turn on the the JB 6000 i got an "HD error" message.
            >>> I checked the HD with an enclosure and it is working fine there.
            > Also,
            >>> i re- soldered all connections wich have been
            > questionable.Batteries
            >>> are new and have full power.Rockbox 2.5 is installed.
            >>> Any suggestions what could be wrong ?
            >>

            >> Did you resolder the IDE Connector ?
            >>
            >> cheers,
            >> Sven
            >>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • nagolder2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005
              I know where you want to go,but it is ,like i mentioned before,not an
              HD issue.Another HD's acting the same way,although it's working in a
              second unit perfectly.Vice Versa.
              If i connect the unit by USB to the computer, it starts fine and the
              Jukebox got recognized.
              Thanks anyway.

              --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, "Hans-Werner Neumann"
              <hawe0815@h...> wrote:

              > Did the HD work before in the AJB?
              >
              > What happens if you connect the AJB via USB to your PC? (first
              connect cable
              > to runing PC, then start AJB)
              >

              > nagolder2000 wrote:
              > > Everything resoldered,but no effect.
              > > HD spins but says "HD error"
              > > I think i'll give up.......:((
              > >

              > > --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, Sven Radke
              > > <Sven.Radke@g...> wrote:

              > > Also,
              > > questionable.Batteries
              > >>

              > >> Did you resolder the IDE Connector ?
              > >>
              > >> cheers,
              > >> Sven
              > >>

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • squirt_matt2
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
                OK, I'm no expert on this, but if the AJB works fine as a USB drive,
                but not as a player, then it may be that the HDD has been formatted
                wrongly. This happened to me before, I got a 2nd hand AJB, and
                immediately formatted it to clear of the old junk, and the player
                stopped working.
                It turns out that it is the AJB is quite fussy about the formatting
                and partitioning of the drive. It must be FAT32 only, BUT if you try
                to do this in WinXP or Win2K, it still won't work, I beleive it will
                work if you do it from Win98. I got around this by using an old copy
                of "Partition Magic" on WinXP, but you can sort it properly using a
                free utility diskette that you download and create yourself:

                http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstewart228368/lud/index.html

                Hope this helps.
              • nagolder2000
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
                  Thanks,but it can't be the reason.Other working HD acting the same way
                  if i install it to the Jukebox,so it has definatly nothing to do with
                  formatting.This particular HD is working in another Jukebox fine as
                  well.It must have something to do with the internal of the Jukebox.
                  But thanks for the suggestion.

                  --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, "squirt_matt2" <rtainsh@l...>