Re: [archosjukebox6000] Extra ID3v2 info

  • karl 'the_angry_angel' southern
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      huw_g_evans wrote:

      > I've been searching through the archive, and can't find if this has
      > been asked before. I'm using "The Godfather" to give all my mp3's
      > extra info such as Mood & Rating. I believe the info is stored in the
      > id3 v2 tag space. Is there any way to display this on a wps in Rockbox?

      As far as I know the ID3v2 specification doesnt include 'mood', nor
      'rating', so I would assume that this is GodFather saving the details in
      its own database rather than into the mp3. I have no experience with
      GodFather, so I could be wrong. As for displaying them in RockBox,
      unless you contribute your own code to add this to the WPS, no.

      You can view all the pseudo tags you can use in a WPS file here:
      http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CustomWPS

      --
      Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
    • huw_g_evans
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
        Thanks. I'm not a programmer, so I won't be able to contribute any
        code : (

        I've looked at a few different library type programs, and was using
        Realplayer for a while, but it's database seems to continually corrupt
        & then I noticed that it was wiping my id3 tags from my files - so
        I've dumped it for The Godfather.

        One feature I like about The Godfather is that it does store the extra
        information in the mp3 file itself, so I can take my jukebox to any
        PC, and basically re-build my library with all my ratings & other
        settings.

        Thanks to everyone who is able to contribute code to Rockbox - it's
        fantastic!

        Cheers - Huw

        --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, karl 'the_angry_angel'