Re: Jukebox recorder 2.0 won't turn off? follow up

  • marlantigone
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
      --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, "linus_nielsen"
      <linus_nielsen@y...> wrote:
      > The problem you experienced could be caused by a bug in the Real
      Time
      > Clock handling code.

      > This shouldn't happen with Rockbox, though. If you were running
      > Rockbox, please tell me which version.

      I'm running 2.1, and I will try removing and reinserting the battery.
      I do think though that it's a physical problem with the On button -
      for example, when I press play, it goes into the playlist menu (which
      would be On + Play) and when I scroll it scrolls by pages not by item
      (On + scroll).

      Alas, it only managed to work for a few hours and then started on
      this cycle of "never turning off/not allowing me to play music." I
      left it at home today and plan to open it up soon. I'm assuming I can
      remove the battery pretty easily right? :)

      Marla
    • marlantigone
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2004
        Hi again.

        I left the Archos sitting by itself until its battery drained so that
        I could - if I needed to - safely mail it...somewhere. It was the
        only way to get it to turn off. It definitely does not work, and it
        almost definitely is a sticky on button, IMHO.

        I attempted to open it up and wasn't particularly successful.
        (Blowing compressed air into the buttons didn't help either.) So I
        have a few questions:

        1. Does anyone know what Archos's repair policy is? I've only had the
        machine for about 6 months, so it *should* be covered by a warranty,
        but I have no idea. (I am in the process of moving and can't find any
        of my info.)
        2. Is there an easy way to open the thing up? I removed the screws to
        the bumpers, but that didn't seem to be enough. I didn't want to
        break it further so I stopped after trying to pry the bumpers off.
        3. Would anyone out there have any interest in buying the thing,
        broken (and with a blank hard drive - I'll siphon off the 4000+ mp3s
        *sigh*) from me? Make me an offer - any offer - and I'll consider it.
        It may be more worthwhile for me to sell it and have *you* repair it
        than for me to try to figure this out. (I'm not committed to this
        option but I figured I'd throw it out to see if there's any interest.)

        Thanks to anyone who can help me. I miss my music!
        marla
      • Andreas Stemmer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2004
          > It definitely does not work, and it
          > almost definitely is a sticky on button, IMHO.

          If it's really only a sticky on button, it shouldn't be to hard to repair.
          What model do you have?

          Andreas