Archos tech support
- After following the thread on MP3.com, it's obvious that a firmware revision is needed. Has anyone talked to tech help at Archos to determine when it will be released. I have a feeling that it will take some time, because the unit has just been released. The more people that report bugs to Archos, the more quickly the firmware will be fixed, right?Does anyone have a list of the specific bugs?thanks,Zach
- I compiled a list of firmware bugs posted by NiMH-Rat on the mp3.com
message boards. i sent the following e-mail to archos (of course,
knowing their tech support, we won't get a reply for weeks):
These are a few of the bugs in the current firmware of the Jukebox
that were posted on a message board. We were wondering when (and if)
you guys plan on releasing new firmware?
1) Auto power-off doesn't work -- assumed to be a firmware bug. Goes
into a power-on loop and you press Stop for 3 seconds to shut it down.
2) Shuffle does not work within Playlists. Shuffle sort of works,
directory by directory, if the playlist spans directories -- it
shuffles within each directory for a while, then jumps into the next
directory in the playlist, shuffles around there for a while, then on
to the next directory, and seems to be the same pattern each time,
random or semi-random -- assumed to be a firmware bug.
3) The player gets lost at the end of a playlist or a directory
like it is playing a blank song -- can press - to go back to a
previous song) -- assumed to be a firmware bug.
4) The song timer runs 25% too fast -- assumed to be a firmware bug.
5) Occasionally, the player skips out of a song or jumps around in a
song. This is not caused by skipping due to moving the unit --
to be a firmware bug.
6) Minimal ID3 support - only shows the song title - this could be
improved -- assumed to be a firmware enhancement.