Downloading songs to my Jukebox mp3 from my pc

  • Joy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2003
      HELP!! I've tried two different pc's and same result. I got the
      Window's XP to say it was downloading...but to where? Wasn't to the
      Jukebox. When connceted the display says active usb........and
      that's all I can get it to do!

      When I got this one Jukebox 20 the owner deleted all but one
      song...so that's all I have.

      Can anyone help?
    • Aacini
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26, 2003
        I don't really understand what program you are using to "download"
        songs to the Jukebox, but none is needed.

        When you connect the Jukebox to the PC a new drive must appear in
        Windows. i.e. if you last drive is D: then a new drive called E:
        appears in "My PC". You must use this drive to copy songs to the
        Jukebox, and to create any folder/subfolder organization you want.

        I suggest you to read the Quick Reference Guide (in Files section)

        --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, "Joy" <alwzsailn2000@y...>
        wrote:
        > HELP!! I've tried two different pc's and same result. I got the
        > Window's XP to say it was downloading...but to where? Wasn't to
        the
        > Jukebox. When connceted the display says active usb........and
        > that's all I can get it to do!
        >
        > When I got this one Jukebox 20 the owner deleted all but one
        > song...so that's all I have.
        >
        > Can anyone help?
      • Joy Gates
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2003
          Ok, I'm getting somewhere....I am using windows xp...I
          followed the directions to download the jukebox and
          have discovered the problem is my system does not seem
          to find the jukebox until I put the cd for software
          in...and then it is only acknowledging the cd!! so I
          have concluded that it is not finding new hardware!!

          I continued trying this many times....and if finally
          found new hardware!!! I installed it...and thought I
          had to reboot for the install to complete.......and
          yep.....rebooted and it is gone!! I have tried again
          many times.....and again, it is not finding new
          hardware....
          I am plugging in the usb in the back...do I need to go
          farther into the system and tell it that the jukebox
          usb is in a certain port? and if so...how do I do
          that?
          I am getting somewhere....but slowly....

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • James Gerber

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
              Yes, the jukebox was on and yes I used the power
              adapter.

              May I ask, am I the only one that has a system that
              will not allow the jukebox hardware to install?

              The Found New Hardware Wizard is telling me that the
              jukebox is not compatible with "windows" no digital
              signature or something like that...

              Could my jukebox hd have a virus? Is corrupt the
              same thing?

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • C.Joseph Drayton
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
                Hi Joy,

                The driver from off up the Archos web site will work. First delete the
                driver that is not working. Unzip the driver file. Reboot the computer.
                The 'Found New Hardware' message box will appear. Point to the directory
                of the files that you unzipped. As it begins the install, it will tell
                you that the software isn't compatible with WinXP. Ignore the message
                and have the installer continue. Reboot.

                The dialog box that comes up about not being signed by Microsoft simply
                means that the driver has not been tested by Microsoft.

                Ciao . . .
                C.Joseph

                ++ Let know man judge me until . . .
                he has walked the road I have . . .
                in the shoes I've worn. ++

                http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

                Joy Gates wrote:

                >Yes, the jukebox was on and yes I used the power
                >adapter.
                >
                >May I ask, am I the only one that has a system that
                >will not allow the jukebox hardware to install?
                >
                >The Found New Hardware Wizard is telling me that the
                >jukebox is not compatible with "windows" no digital
                >signature or something like that...
                >
                >Could my jukebox hd have a virus? Is corrupt the
                >same thing?

              • James Gerber
                Message 7 of 9 , May 1, 2003
                  That message you get is normal, you need to override the default and tell it
                  to install anyway. Apparently the company that wrote the software did not
                  want to go through the trouble of certifying it with Microsoft.

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 1, 2003
                    Thanks to all those that helped me along my way here.
                    I have discovered that the jb was about 3 years
                    old...and defective when I purchased it...the seller
                    on ebay has agreed to refund my $$....

                    So, now I can get one that really works!! :-)

                    But I sure learned alot about the jb and my pc!!!!

                    A special thanks to wideasleep1 ..... my hero!! lol

                    http://search.yahoo.com
                  • jimfootstrap
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 1, 2003
                      --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, Joy Gates
                      <alwzsailn2000@y...> wrote:
                      > Thanks to all those that helped me along my way here.
                      > I have discovered that the jb was about 3 years
                      > old...and defective when I purchased it...the seller
                      > on ebay has agreed to refund my $$....
                      >
                      > So, now I can get one that really works!! :-)
                      >
                      > But I sure learned alot about the jb and my pc!!!!
                      >
                      > A special thanks to wideasleep1 ..... my hero!! lol

                      > http://search.yahoo.com

                      Joy, mine is for sale on Ebay 3021961118 and I can gaurantee it works
                      perfectly.
                      Jim