Installed DSL and now jukebox wont work

  • busywait
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2002
      Hi all

      I just installed DSL with a USB connection and now my J-Box 6000
      isn't working. Any ideas?
    • Chris Holt
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2002
        Try removing and reinstalling the USB drivers for the Archos.

        I really dislike using USB for networking, and this is one of the prime
        reasons... :P Ethernet cards are the way to go for connection to any type
        of network IMHO.

        Chris

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
          The JB6000 is USB1.1 (12 mbit) and the USB network adapter may be
          USB2 (480mbit), asuming your PC is USB2. If true, the first one
          activated "wins", possibly preventing the other from working.

          In any case, your USB PCI or motherboard adapter may have two
          channels or controllers (for the 2, 4, or 6 sockets) so trying
          different USB sockets for either of the J-box or the Network adapter
          may separate the two and make them both work. I've had trouble
          mixing my USB mouse (runs at low speed 1.2mbit) with the Archos
          devices (USB1.1 JB6000, R6000) or USB2 (R20), and had to try
          different plugs/sockets in the USB adapter.

          I have often had to remove all USB drivers (while in Win98 Safe mode)
          as I fiddled around with USB, reinstalling drivers, etc. Also make
          sure you use the vendor's drivers for the Archos, not the Archos
          supplied ones. The vendor drivers are newer.

          NIMH-Rat

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/