Re: Jukebox FM 20

  • damimal
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2002
      Well, I did it.

      My Archos Jukebox FM Recorder boots with OS version 1.30i.

      I copied the latest build over to my brand new Archos Jukebox FM
      Recorder. Renamed it to ajbrec.ajz just as instructed.
      Disconnected it from my computer and waited for it to power down.

      I then pressed the ON button and waited to see what would appear
      upon the LCD screen.

      Surprise, Archos must have reworked the way they handle firmware
      upgrades due to the success of the Rockbox firmware. The Jukebox FM
      didn't read the file. It booted with the normal 1.30i firmware
      which is burned in.

      Questions?

      Damimal

      ajbrec.ajz just as the instructions say.--- In
      archosjukebox6000@y..., Björn Stenberg <bjorn@h...> wrote:
      > damimal wrote:
      > > Most likely, yes, with some drawbacks.
      >
      > I wouldn't be so sure until we know what the Recorder FM is made
      of.

      > > I anticipate getting my FM Recorder in the mail today, I'll let
      you know.

      > I'll be waiting. :-)
      >
      > --
      > Björn Stenberg
      > Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware - http://rockbox.haxx.se
    • Chris Holt
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2002
        Perhaps the FM Recorder is looking for a differently named file?

        I don't see any firmware upgrades on the Archos site yet, so I have no idea
        what file it would be looking for.

        Chris

        My Archos Jukebox FM Recorder boots with OS version 1.30i.

        I copied the latest build over to my brand new Archos Jukebox FM
        Recorder. Renamed it to ajbrec.ajz just as instructed.
        Disconnected it from my computer and waited for it to power down.

        I then pressed the ON button and waited to see what would appear
        upon the LCD screen.

        Surprise, Archos must have reworked the way they handle firmware
        upgrades due to the success of the Rockbox firmware. The Jukebox FM
        didn't read the file. It booted with the normal 1.30i firmware
        which is burned in.

        Questions?

        Damimal

        ajbrec.ajz just as the instructions say.--- In
        archosjukebox6000@y..., Björn Stenberg <bjorn@h...> wrote:
        > damimal wrote:
        > > Most likely, yes, with some drawbacks.
        >
        > I wouldn't be so sure until we know what the Recorder FM is made
        of.

        > > I anticipate getting my FM Recorder in the mail today, I'll let
        you know.

        > I'll be waiting. :-)
        >
        > --
        > Björn Stenberg
        > Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware - http://rockbox.haxx.se

      • motscousus
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2002
          > I copied the latest build over to my brand new Archos Jukebox FM
          > Recorder. Renamed it to ajbrec.ajz just as instructed.
          try with ajbrecfm.ajz or ajbfm.ajz or ajbf.ajz

          or something similar

          henri
          www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/tkt_davi/musique/