Headphone jack loose connection

  • Moonraker
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
      Hi all,

      My Archos 6000 is getting a bit long in the tooth now (over 2 years
      old?) but has recently got a new lease of life thanks to the Rockbox
      guys.

      However, the headphone jack isn't connecting properly to the socket.
      It has been gradually getting worse and I now need to lean the jack
      against something to keep it connected properly. I seem to remember
      someone mentioning this ages ago but can't find it in the archives. Is
      this fixable by a bit of soldering? I haven't opened it up yet to have
      a look.

      Any ideas?

      Many thanks,

      Chris
    • James Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
        Yes, it probably is. The connections between the
        headphone jack and the circuit board probably broke
        loose.

        --- Moonraker <chris.gregory@...>
        wrote:
        > Is this fixable by a bit of soldering? I haven't
        opened
        > it up yet to have a look.

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
      • Moonraker
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2002
          Thanks for the reply James, I'll open it up ............

          --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., James Stewart <wartstew@y...> wrote:
          > Yes, it probably is. The connections between the
          > headphone jack and the circuit board probably broke
          > loose.
          >
          > --- Moonraker <chris.gregory@m...>
          > wrote:
          > > Is this fixable by a bit of soldering? I haven't
          > opened
          > > it up yet to have a look.

        • NIMH-Rat
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 2002
            Moodraker:
            I had to open up my R20 last winter after dropping it on its
            headphone jack with headphones plugged in. I lost 1 channel unless I
            moved the jack around -- just like you are doing. To re-solder, I
            had to buy a very fine soldering tip, a large fluorescent magnifying
            glass, and actually had to solder a tiny jumper from one of the jack
            contacts to the spot on the curcuit board. It worked! I didn't have
            to take the two cards apart.

            NIMH-Rat