Re: Chip8 Patch

  • Daniel Stenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., "imacooldude101" <imacooldude101@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hi, i went toi the rockbox site, and on a feature request, it said to
      > download the chip 8 patch if you want more games. so i did, but i
      > dont know where to put them on my drive. should i leave it in its
      > original folder, or copy to .rckbox? anybody try it yet?

      http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#63
    • imacooldude101
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        > > Hi, i went toi the rockbox site, and on a feature request, it
        said to
        > > download the chip 8 patch if you want more games. so i did, but
        > > dont know where to put them on my drive. should i leave it in its
        > > original folder, or copy to .rckbox? anybody try it yet?
        >
        > http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#63

        Hi, im sorry, but i must be dumbwitted, but i couldnt understand what
        exactly to do..
        63. Could you tell me how to apply a patch?

        There are a ton of ways to apply a patch. One way is to use the
        (GNU) 'patch' program. It used like this:

        $ cd rockbox-root
        $ patch < magic.patch

        Sometimes, the diff has path info you want to strip so that patch can
        find your file names. -p then takes off a number of "path parts" from
        left:

        $ patch -p0 < magic.patch
        - or -
        $ patch -p1 < magic.patch

        If patch can't apply some changes that are in the diff, you'll get
        those particular changes in a file named "[source-file].rej".
        Should i type this in the dos propmt?

        Sincerey,
        a very confsed John
      • Björn Stenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2002
          imacooldude101 wrote:
          > > http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#63
          > $ cd rockbox-root
          > $ patch < magic.patch
          > Should i type this in the dos propmt?

          Patches are modifications to the source code. They require that you modify and recompile the code. If you don't know how to do that, the patch is of no use to you.

          --
          Björn Stenberg
          Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware - http://rockbox.haxx.se