Windows XP, System Restore, and Jukebox

  • damimal
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2002
      Anyone know how to permanently force Windows XP from adding my
      Jukebox to the System Restore monitor? With the Jukebox turned on,
      I can turn off the system restore function but this only last as
      long as the Jukebox is connected. Once I disconnect it then
      reconnect, the System Restore tries adding the Jukebox to the list
      again. Is there a way to make the computer add the Jukebox to the
      removable media lists so System Restore won't try to monitor it?

      Any advice other than switch OS's is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Jim
    • wideasleep1
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2002
        From XP help:

        To exclude a non-system drive or partition
        Open System Properties.
        Ensure that the Turn off System Restore check box is cleared.
        Under Drive settings, click the non-system drive or partition that
        you want to exclude, then click Settings.
        Select the Turn off System Restore on this drive check box. This
        option is not available if you have selected a system drive or
        partition.

        Notes

        To open System Properties, click Start, click Control Panel, and
        then double-click System. In the System Properties dialog box, click
        the System Restore tab.
        You can choose to exclude any non-system partition or drive so that
        System Restore does not monitor or restore it. Changes made on an
        excluded partition or drive are not restored during a System
        Restore.

        G'Luck