rockbox boot loader quests

  • Radke, Sven
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
      1st: I like the rockbox project. This and this mailing list were the
      reasons why I don't kicked my archos to replace it with an ipod (as a
      mac-user). And that I got it to work to charge batteries from my
      motor bike (with stable 9 volts thru a modified universal cigarette
      lighter adapter)

      ok /blabla

      due to the 3 exchanges from archos I have the latest (5.08) JB6K

      I have to ( ;-p ) vacate for 3 weeks now with the camping car and
      want to use the rockbox 1.3 thing cause it's doing great randomn
      playing all the tunes - what is new great fun.

      (hint for mac users: use macemthreeyou and join the files with
      tex-edit or alike. 260 files playlist limit is gone, thanx rockbox
      project)

      But as I am always shitt my pants I'd like to go back to silly archos
      firmware when something drives nuts.

      3 problems:

      1.) I can't access the archosxxxx.mod files within the daily built
      what has the boot loader in. Show hidden files is on. Those files
      work as firmware if renamed to archos.mod
      2.) the final builts don't have the boot loader option
      3.) as I have the most recent ? player I don't have a firmware file.
      There's no newer than 5.08 - if someone has a newer I'd light a
      candle if I find it in my box ;-)

      so how to go back to orginal firmware if I have no orginal archos.mod
      file for my 5.08 player ?
      and does the rockbox guys think about making the boot loader
      available for the final versions ?

      btw. I tried with daily built archos20020904.mod and don't tell that
      It has no WPS Menu function
      also I don't say that it doesnt switch to USB mode while being on
      when plugged. I don't say that as the rockbox guys don't want to get
      daily built's bugs posted :-)
    • Björn Stenberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
        Radke, Sven wrote:
        > 1.) I can't access the archosxxxx.mod files within the daily built
        > what has the boot loader in. Show hidden files is on. Those files
        > work as firmware if renamed to archos.mod

        You need to switch off the "mp3/m3u filter" to see and run .mod files.

        > 2.) the final builts don't have the boot loader option

        No, since it was implemented after 1.3 was released.

        > so how to go back to orginal firmware if I have no orginal archos.mod
        > file for my 5.08 player ?

        You can't do that without removing rockbox. You must use a .mod file.

        > and does the rockbox guys think about making the boot loader
        > available for the final versions ?

        It will be in 1.4.

        > btw. I tried with daily built archos20020904.mod and don't tell that
        > It has no WPS Menu function

        It has been replaced with the custom wps feature.

        > also I don't say that it doesnt switch to USB mode while being on
        > when plugged.

        Yes, it doesn't work right if you are in the menus. We're fixing that.

        --
        Björn Stenberg
        Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware - http://rockbox.haxx.se
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2002
          >Radke, Sven wrote:
          >> 1.) I can't access the archosxxxx.mod files within the daily built
          >> what has the boot loader in. Show hidden files is on. Those files
          >> work as firmware if renamed to archos.mod
          >
          >You need to switch off the "mp3/m3u filter" to see and run .mod files.

          I was a latenite blind man :)

          > > so how to go back to orginal firmware if I have no orginal archos.mod
          >> file for my 5.08 player ?
          >
          >You can't do that without removing rockbox. You must use a .mod file.

          I was a hero and tried the 5.07 firmware with the 5.08 hardware - and
          it worked - so I have that fallback now

          It's important for me to double check all before vacation. My van's
          cd drive is dead for ages and I'd simply die without having my fav
          tunes with me.

          thanx for the help,
          Sven