Re: Add to the FAQ

  • theonlyrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
      That's a painful story, but beautifully told! I'm sorry about that.

      Could you try disk defragmenter?

      :-)

      --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., "dazolevid" <daz@u...> wrote:
      > Heres a good one to add to the FAQ:
      >
      > Q. How rugged is the Archos Jukebox?
      >
      > A. The AJ has very well designed skid pads on all 4 corners. They
      > will actually hold your AJ on the roof of your car for
      > about 15 miles at about 70mph. However, it will fall off. The AJ
      > will *not* survive this fall. Take a coke can, fill it about 1/4
      > with sand. Shake it. This is what your harddrive will sound like
      > after the fall. This is not recoverable damage.....
      >
      > missing my music,
      >
      > David
      >
      > p.s. anyone got an archos to sell?
    • lberube
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
        yeah disk defrag..and then a vaccum to suck up the loose parts inside it ...
        good luck with your new one :(
        That's a painful story, but beautifully told!  I'm sorry about that.

        Could you try disk defragmenter?

        :-)

        --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., "dazolevid" <daz@u...> wrote:
        > Heres a good one to add to the FAQ:
        >
        > Q. How rugged is the Archos Jukebox?
        >
        > A. The AJ has very well designed skid pads on all 4 corners.  They
        > will actually hold your AJ on the roof of your car for
        > about 15 miles at about 70mph.  However, it will fall off.  The AJ
        > will *not* survive this fall.   Take a coke can, fill it about 1/4
        > with sand.  Shake it.  This is what your harddrive will sound like
        > after the fall.  This is not recoverable damage.....
        >
        > missing my music,
        >
        > David
        >
        > p.s. anyone got an archos to sell?

        ---
      • theonlyrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
          Groan...

          Chris ,

          Normally I don't like to blow my own trumpet, (I shall ignore the
          obvious possibilities for innuendo). Well, I thought the following
          was hilarious:

          My girlfriend says I'm sad. Hummph.

          Yours in hope,

          Richard