Re: [archosjukebox6000] Re: Bikes

  • UCP of the North Bay
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19 8:33 PM
      I guess some people actually could get confused about the word "bike". Some
      of these rugged youngsters take the HD units on pedal powered machinery. My
      own sporting days have faded into a delightful afterglow. Now I coach 8 and
      9 year old girls on the soccer pitch and reminisce over some Guinness with
      my old friends. Instead of two wheels I rely on four, but I still love to
      move fast and need a good thrashing sound track to keep me in harmony with
      the gear box and steering wheel. I rely on custom CD's for this (used to be
      a sound engineer and DJ).

      I have a bit of disposable income myself, but have never felt the need to
      lord it over all. After a lifetime of hard work, I am enjoying the fruits of
      my labors with my beautiful wife. I have found the Archos to be a tough
      little mother (which I appreciate above all it's other attributes/deficits).
      If I had any reason to purchase another HD unit, I think the main reason I
      would go with Archos is the fact that it is simple to move files around from
      PC to PC without any major fuss or copy protection hassles. I was once a
      Mac fellow, but had to move to windows because of business concerns.

      By the way Ken. I think I am your fan base. I thought you were a wanker
      until you posted the pic of your speedometer.

      YT
      Scorpion

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20 3:01 AM
        I am one of those rugged cycling youngsters - that's why I'm always
        harping on how size (and weight) *do* matter. < Did I hear
        someone whisper "iPod"? >

        Any cyclists out there? I found the best way of carrying it is in a
        bum bag, but slung diagonally across a shoulder.

        Actually, on my way into work this morning, some guy nudged me with
        his car. Thankfully it wasn't enough to knock me over. Perhaps he
        would have had more chance of seeing me if he hadn't been map reading
        at the same time.... (Please note the heavy understatement.)

        Richard

        --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., "UCP of the North Bay" <ucpnb@s...>
        wrote:
        > I guess some people actually could get confused about the
        word "bike". Some
        > of these rugged youngsters take the HD units on pedal powered
        machinery.
      • Peter Hooper
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20 10:46 AM
          Hiya Richard,

          Another cyclist here. I agree about the bum bag that's how I carry my AJBR20 although I just have it strapped around my waist in the normal way with the pouch at the back. I'll try the shoulder option tomorrow.

          I find I am always in danger from the 'mobile phone while driving brigade'!! Really gets my goat to see people with there mobile phone to their ear while driving :S

          Peter

          wrote:
          > I guess some people actually could get confused about the
          word "bike". Some
          > of these rugged youngsters take the HD units on pedal powered
          machinery.

        • Chris Houghten
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20 11:15 AM
            that's what happens when you ride with a goat.