Re: HD spin-up noise when recording on the Recorder 10

  • theonlyrick
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2002
      Something you could try in the short term would be to drop the sound
      quality at which you record.

      The lower the sound quality, the less information it records. This
      means the memory buffer will fill up more slowly which in turn will
      give you more time between spin-ups. *IF* the Archos buffers after
      compression, which for the sake of me writing this post, I will
      assume. ;-)

      This wouldn't make a *HUGE* difference, but if you're recording
      speech, you substantially drop the encoding rate (ie quality), and it
      still manages to sound surprisingly good. I have voice recordings at
      64kbps which are quite OK (although obviously compressed).

      Rico

      --- In archosjukebox6000@y..., "BoD" <bod@b...> wrote:
      > I believe this is normal.
      > I have a recorder 20 and the same problem.
      > The spinning produces noise, and the mic is on the unit so how
      could they
      > fix this problem ?
      >
      > BoD

      Recorder