Re: [archosjukebox6000] Re: car sterio

  • Dave Thayer
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
      On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 07:14:14PM -0400, Russ Johnson wrote:
      > Has anyone experimented with hooking the JB up to the car stereo via the cd
      > changer plug? I have an Alpine head unit with built in cd changer controls
      > and was wondering if I might could at least get the signal into the head
      > unit this way. This should provide a very good signal.

      Alpine has 2 adapters you can buy that give you an aux input that
      acts like a cd changer. The version I bought last summer for about
      US$75 was the KCA-801B. This version works along with an existing
      changer and uses a trigger voltage to switch between itself and the CD
      changer. If you don't have an existing changer, there is another
      version which costs around US$20.

      HTH

      dt

      --
      Dave Thayer | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
      Denver, Colorado USA | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all