23472Re: [archosjukebox6000] Re: Jukebox does not turn on anymore!

  • Neon John
    Mar 19, 2008
      On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:07:22 -0000, "rajung0351" <rajung@...> wrote:

      >Hello everybody,
      >Thank you so much for all your replies! It is so good to know there
      >are people out there that know how to help!
      >My wife asked me to reply myself about these technical things.
      >
      >We bought this "Jukebox Recorder 20GB" in 2004 from the States. It
      >came with a built-in Li-Ion battery pack, so there is no possibility
      >to change the batteries at all (as in 4 AA-batteries). I always
      >wondered how this would work once the batterie pack dies. As I
      >remember, Archos promised the battery pack will last the whole
      >Jukebox's life. It is built-in, so you can not even change the pack!

      Unfortunately you have a JBR V2. Probably the worst product Archos ever built. I
      had two (replaced under warranty) before I upgraded to a V1.

      You'll want to get the battery out of the thing if it's bad. AS I learned with my
      second V2, a bad battery will swell, bursting apart the JBR at the seams.

      The battery can be replaced, fairly easily. As I recall, it involves taking the top
      end off and picking the battery pack out with a not-so-sharp object. Don't puncture
      the darned thing. The battery is two standard prismatic LiPoly cells in parallel.
      Archos may still sell replacements. The aftermarket surely does. Check with the
      major online battery sales outfits.

      John
      --
      John De Armond