23424Re: [archosjukebox6000] Re: Another HD question

  • James Stewart
    Jan 2, 2007
      If you end up using it, please let me know how it
      works out. I don't get a lot of feedback on this
      thing anymore.

      I think most people do the more tried-and-proven Win98
      procedure. I think there is a bootable Win98 CDROM
      (or tools to build one from an Win98 disk) out there
      somewhere that people can use to temporarely run
      Win98, but then you have to fuss with the USB drivers
      somehow. I just thought my little disk utility was a
      lot easier, even with its ragged edges.

      Hopefully you can find a 100% good floppy disk!

      If someone would like to make a bootable ISO image out
      of this sometime, I'd be happy to host it.

      --- Mike Cocorochio <mcocorochio@...> wrote:

      > Thanks wartsew,
      >
      > This should work out OK.
      > I was thinking that I would have to use an ide
      > adapter and partition
      > magic in worst case.
      > Should save a bunch of headaches.
      >
      > Mike Cocorochio
      >
      > --- In archosjukebox6000@yahoogroups.com, James
      > Stewart <wartstew@...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > So here is an alternative that you can use
      > instead:
      > >
      > > http://wartstew.homelinux.net/jud
      > >
      > > This is my old Jukebox Utility Diskette (do you
      > still
      > > have a floppy drive?). Among other things, it can
      > > partition and format your JB's new drive while in
      > the
      > > JB.

      In 1969:

      1. Humans landed on the moon.
      2. UNIX was invented.
      3. The first four nodes of the ARPAnet went up.
      4. Linus Torvalds was born.

      As of today, the moon landing has taken us nowhere. The other items were beginnings of things more revolutionary.

      (Paraphased text from "The Daemon, the GNU and the Penguin" by Peter H. Salus)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic