Comments on the README.txt in the distribution

  • Søren Vejrup Carlsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 9:23 AM
      Dear All.
      Here are some comments on the README.txt (version 1.10) in the
      distributrion.

      (1) In section 1,2, I suggest we mention how to do this assignment by way
      of the JAVA_OPTS environment setting, i.e.
      JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256MB" (As we were shown in the workshop)

      (2) In section 2.1, a program/script $HERITRIX_HOME/bin/heritrix is
      mentioned. This doesn't exit. We only have a 'heritrix.sh' and a
      'heritrixDebug.sh'
      I suggest that we change the 'heritrix.sh' to just 'heritrix'

      (3) I have read the README.txt in its entirety, and tried to change some of
      the places, where I found it difficult to understand. In section 3, I have
      indicated a couple of places, where I couldn't understand what was meant.

      The new README.txt plus a diff against the 1.10 version is placed in the
      attached tar-file

      (See attached file: README.txt.tar)

      Bye for now
      Søren Vejrup Carlsen, DDA, Det Kongelige Bibliotek
      tlf: (+45) 33 47 48 41
      email: svc@...
      email: svc@...
      Non omnia possumus omnes