Museums now on the Megalith Map

  • Andy Burnham
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      We now have Museums plotted on the Megalith Map! For instance, you could
      start in London:
      http://www.megalithic.co.uk/asb_mapsquare.php?op=map&sq=TQ&sitetype=38

      Look for the red 'M's. Thanks very much to Vicky our editor for
      collating the data, (including a brief summary of their prehistory
      collection, opening hours and link to their web site if we could find
      them), and to me for doing the database and map stuff.

      Let us know if you find any errors in the museum data or
      plotting. You can correct or update by leaving comments on the pages.
      We'd also love to include pictures of the musuem or items in it if you
      are or know the people who can give permission.

      We've also recently added a large number of new prehistoric and ancient
      sites in the UK into our database, and our bank of images stands at
      around 1500. More will be arriving over the next few weeks.

      Running such a huge free web project is not cheap so I hope you'll
      forgive me adding a note about new products in our online shop. All
      profits are ploughed back into developing the Megalithic Portal, and
      donated to Stones good causes. Plus post and packing to the UK is
      currently no more than £1.50.

      Stonelight T-Shirts and Cards from Toby Hall
      Imported from Ireland. Rather nice stones design T-shirts, lots to
      choose from, and greetings cards with the same striking designs.
      http://www.megalithic.co.uk/shop/t_shirts.htm

      Ring of Brodgar silver rings
      -------------------------------------
      Produced in Orkney, highly recommended
      http://www.megalithic.co.uk/shop/brodgar_rings.htm

      Charles Tait's 2003 Scottish Islands Calendars
      Orkney, Shetland, the Western Isles and Caithness (yes I know that last
      one's not an island!). Most include some sumptuous stones images.
      http://www.megalithic.co.uk/shop/charles_tait.htm

      Latest book offers:
      http://www.megalithic.co.uk/shop/new_autumn_2002.htm

      Subscribe to 3rd Stone magazine
      http://www.megalithic.co.uk/shop/3rd_stone.htm

      Cheers,
      Andy

      http://www.megalithic.co.uk
      Try our NEW live Megalith Map
      Prehistoric sites in the UK, Ireland and beyond
      Thousands of Images, Links, Downloads, Maps, Web Search, Members Features
      http://www.megalithic.co.uk/shop
      The exclusive online shop for Ancient Stones themed products:
      CD-ROMs, Books at up to 75% off, Art, Jewellery, Crafts, CDs & Videos
    • Lucy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
        I just checked your site and the Ulster Museum doesn't appear to be
        mentioned apart from the cairn nearby. They have an early Ireland
        exhibition on permanantly http://www.ulstermuseum.org.uk/