Should I major in archaeology?

  • iamleia2
    Message 1 of 7567 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hello! I will be a freshman in college next year
      and I really think I want to major in archaeology. I
      love to learn about different cultures, especially
      ancient ones, and that's why I think I want to major in
      archaeology. However, I do have some concerns... The first one
      being how readily available are jobs in this field? I
      know that I will probably have to have at least a
      masters to get any good jobs. But even with that, is it
      easy to get a job? Also, I plan to be a full time
      mother when I get married. How easy is it to take off 20
      years and get back into the field? Are there usually
      jobs available to supervise digs or is it very hard to
      get those types of jobs? Any info on careers would be
      helpful I suppose. I really love culture and I think this
      is the perfect major for me. Should I just follow my
      dream and go for it regardless? Well, those were all my
      questions. Thanks! ;-)
    • bacchus
      Message 7567 of 7567 , Apr 7, 2002
        Pure nonsense