Re: I just wonder

  • forstadt
    Message 1 of 7567 , Nov 1, 1999
      Spinner<br><br>You and others are bringing up
      what is essentially a non-issue. Important,
      interesting, well-excavated sites such as Monte Verde have
      convinced the vast majority of archaeologists that there
      was an occupation of the western hemisphere before
      Clovis. Clovis is simply now regarded as the first
      recognizable pan-continental archaeological "culture." But
      there is a fundamental difference between sites such as
      Monte Verde and, to a lesser extent Meadowcroft, which
      offer evidence for occupation just a couple of thousand
      years before Clovis (at most), and obvious non-sites
      such as Calico. I'm sure you will argue with me about
      Calico, but decades of excavation at this laughable
      locale has convinced virtually no-one of its
      authenticity.
    • bacchus
      Message 7567 of 7567 , Apr 7, 2002
        Pure nonsense