East -West connections

  • scotty_84116
    Message 1 of 7567 , Jun 1, 1999
      The Book of Mormon talks about a people guided by
      prophets who left Jerusalem 600 B.C. and came to this
      continent. They Prophisied of Christ and gave an account of
      a visit from Him where He set up His Church and
      taught them Christianity as he had done in the Old
      World. No one can doubt that baptism, marrage, sin,
      etc., are mentioned Indian legends. A source mentioned
      in Hansen's Bibliography is "Documentos Inedites
      Relacienes de Yucatan" in private collection Mexico City,
      terms and practices used by the Prophet, such as sin,
      Trinity, Virgin birth of the Prophet, baptismal, marrage,
      confession when desired, etc.- a host of very biblical
      practices.<br><br>For a person to say there is no evidence of East-West
      connection is an admittance to lack of study about such
      Scotty.<br><br>P. S. "My head is bloody but unbowed"
    • bacchus
      Message 7567 of 7567 , Apr 7, 2002
        Pure nonsense