HELP ME OUT !!!

  • Elena Vaccaro
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hello,

          I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I came down here to London,United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately I was  mugged at the park of the hotel where I lodged,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off me but luckily  I still have my passport with me. I have  been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and my  flight leaves in less than some hrs from now but am having problems settling the hotel bills ($2,550 USD) and the hotel manager won't let me leave until I settle the bills,I'm freaked out and confused at the moment I really need your help.. I'll be waiting for your response so you can get help to me right now.

      Thanks
      Elena Vaccaro

    • Sue McIlroy
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
        Just so that everyone is aware ... this is a very well known and rather old
        scam.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
          Whoa everyone - this is a scam, as others have noted. I rather suspect someone is messing with Elena's email programme. Elena is a longstanding member of archaeology 2. Elena I'm temporarily putting you on moderation to avoid more messages being sent sorry:((( Get in touch when you've sorted this out.

          --- In archaeology2@yahoogroups.com, Elena Vaccaro <earthandice@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          >     I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I came down here to London,United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately I was  mugged at the park of the hotel where I lodged,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off me but luckily  I still have my passport with me. I have  been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and my  flight leaves in less than some hrs from now but am having problems settling the hotel bills ($2,550 USD) and the hotel manager won't let me leave until I settle the bills,I'm freaked out and confused at the moment I really need your help.. I'll be waiting for your response so you can get help to me right now.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Elena Vaccaro

        • Allison Loukanis
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
            Yep... figured that out.Allison

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
              All:

              Jeez/ I was pretty sure this was a scam, but not completely so. Ugh The name Elena Vaccaro is known to me, which was what made me look at the message and I thought it might be real. Glad I didn't try to "do" anything about this.
              Anne G

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
                All,

                Again I apologize, my email account has been hacked. I was able to re-gain access today just before I sent the first email out, about 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time.

                In addition to sending out this trash, the snot also deleted many of the emails in my folders and in-box.

                [Isabelle: Thanks for clearing this up Elena, I'll remove moderation right now]

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
                  All,

                  I apologize again for this. My e-mail account was hacked yesterday morning and
                  I was just able to regain access about 3:00 pm EDT.

                  To say that I am angry is a bit of an understatement. I am not in
                  Europe, nor have been. This is apparently a scam ploy that someone used
                  my account for. Again I apologize to you for this intrusion.

                  In addition to begging for money, the snot deleted many important messages that I had saved.

                              Elena

                  From: Sue McIlroy <sue@...>

                  To: archaeology2@yahoogroups.com

                  Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 4:01 PM

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
                    Anne,

                    I apologize again for this. My e-mail account was hacked yesterday morning and I was just able to regain access about 3:00 pm EDT.

                    To say that I am angry is a bit of an understatement. I am not in Europe, nor have been. This is apparently a scam ploy that someone used my account for. Again I apologize to you for this intrusion.

                    In addition to begging for money, the snot deleted many important messages that I had saved including some of the papers from the website. I can re-save them, it is just the aggravation of the mess.

                                Elena

                    From: Sue McIlroy <sue@...>

                    To: archaeology2@yahoogroups.com

                    Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 4:01 PM