Re: [Archaeology] indigenous population of Israel

  • andy sywyk
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008
      I believe it's called Zambiezi I'm sure my spelling is wrong it wasn't torn down by white settlers which was the fate of one I've heard the legends of.
      For fun check the Iilad the Greek forces were delayed attacting Troy because the gods had flown to Ethopia in Ethopia there is a tribe that looks Greek except for their dark skin.Just one of those oddities I seem to collect.
      It seems too that the Greeks were aware of animals and people further down Eastern Africa eg;the dark people that drank blood we know as Masie.It was believed in prejudice that these walled cities were built by Greeks or other white people as late as the early 1900s.Another oddity,most are built by stacking flat stones a practice used to keep lions and other preditors away from the people.You can see something like it yet today in Kenya stacking branches of thorn trees in a circle serves the same purpose.
      I think it'd be great fun to actually look at sites in Africa other than Egypt to see what is where.
      This morning I was informed I will recieve $10,000 to go to Ghana to start two main projects,the first start the free schools the second a website to sell trees to be planted either to build a jungle or plant fruit bearing trees for villages.
      The trees for either purpose are $5 each.The actual reason for the trees is to pay for the schools, holding back the Sahara is a bonus.

      Andy

      Mikey Brass <michael.brass@...> wrote: andy sywyk wrote:

      > There are walled cities in Africa Preeurpean, one in Chad another in South Africa,

      Which one are you referring to for South Africa?

    • andy sywyk
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 26, 2008
        Thing is I'll be in Africa soon any reading would wait on my return.
        What I was doing was watching a program about 20 years old that was in part sponcered by South Africa they laid claim to several sites this one as well as two much smaller cities.
        Now I mentioned the land that eats ships that's on the West Coast of Africa near the Ivory Coast the sands build up on a sea shelf and if you anchor too close and a sand storm starts up it'll over burden a ship causing it to sink.Interesting enough current land mass might be new and more ships might be found buried in the dunes.Again if more ships are buried exspect to find Roman Ships.
        Chad is interesting they still cling to contact with Moses and at times Egypt however Chad is being looted big time.

        Andy

        Mikey Brass <michael.brass@...> wrote: andy sywyk wrote:
        > Me again I did some Googleing and finally found a referance and believe it or not I spelled it wrong earlier post.
        > This is a did you know page kinda interesting it dosn't mention the land that swallows ships but it has info http://www.whenweruled.com/articles.php?lng=en&pg=38
        >
        > Great Zimbabwe http://library.thinkquest.org/J001645/gzimb.shtml

        Regarding the latter: I suspected you were referring to Great Zimbabwe
        which is in Zimbabwe and not South Africa.

        For the former: You will want to read the works of McIntosh, Liverani,
        Haour, Schmidt, etc., for the latest research. I'm happy to supply