New Member

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 5, 2006
      Hello! I'm a newbie to this group, I'm really interested in
      Archaeology and I'm just looking for others who share my passion for
      History and Archaeology!

      Sarah
    • LoukanisFamily
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 6, 2006
        Hi Sarah,
        I just joined too and like you am looking for other who share the
        passion. Allison

        [Mod note: Please edit future messages and delete unnecessary text]
      • Mikey Brass
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 6, 2006
          The list consists primarily of interested amateurs, but there are some
          degreed archaeologists present. Generally, though, it is a quiet list so
          if you have any archaeological topics you wish to discuss, please go ahead.

          --
          Best, Mikey Brass
          MA in Archaeology degree, University College London

          - !ke e: /xarra //ke
          ("Diverse people unite": Motto of the South African Coat of Arms, 2002)
        • Marion Constante
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 8, 2006
            Greetings all,

            I am a graduate student in england, originally from the US where I received a BA in Anthropology, and now currently taking a MA in Practical Archeology. My interests in archeology are in the study of prehistoric cultures, mainly in North America, and Subsistence and economy through the study of paleoethnobotany. I am right now pursuing a career in field archeology and in the future wish to pursue a Ph.D and career in academia.

          • Mikey Brass
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 9, 2006
              Marion Constante wrote:

              > I am a graduate student in england, originally from the US where I received a BA in Anthropology, and now currently taking a MA in Practical Archeology.

              May I inquire at which university?

              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 9, 2006
                Newcastle University

                Mikey Brass <michael.brass@...> wrote: Marion Constante wrote:

                > I am a graduate student in england, originally from the US where I received a BA in Anthropology, and now currently taking a MA in Practical Archeology.

                May I inquire at which university?

                --
                Best, Mikey Brass
                MA in Archaeology degree, University College London
                "The Antiquity of Man" http://www.antiquityofman.com
                Book: "The Antiquity of Man: Artifactual, fossil and gene records explored"

                - !ke e: /xarra //ke
                ("Diverse people unite": Motto of the South African Coat of Arms, 2002)

              • Yigal Levin
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 9, 2006
                  Hi Marion,

                  If your interests include the Middle East, especially ancient Israel, feel free to make contact.

                  Yigal

                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 10, 2006
                    Areas of interests include europe and the middle east although I have done most of my fieldwork in the US, I am always interested learning about new places. Right now I am focusing on the mesolithic and neolithic periods.

                    Yigal Levin <leviny1@...> wrote: Hi Marion,

                    If your interests include the Middle East, especially ancient Israel, feel free to make contact.

                    Yigal

                    > I am a graduate student in england, originally from the US where I received a BA in Anthropology, and now currently taking a MA in Practical Archeology.

                    May I inquire at which university?

                    --
                    Best, Mikey Brass
                    MA in Archaeology degree, University College London
                    "The Antiquity of Man" http://www.antiquityofman.com
                    Book: "The Antiquity of Man: Artifactual, fossil and gene records explored"

                    - !ke e: /xarra //ke
                    ("Diverse people unite": Motto of the South African Coat of Arms, 2002)

                  • luvinrocks
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 25, 2006
                      Hello Marion

                      I am studying historical archaeologist in Utah. I have a great deal of
                      information on the Fremont. If you are interested in this group of
                      Native Americans let me know and I will forward you the info. I also
                      have many pictures of rock art and a bit of basketry and pottery from
                      this and other groups from Utah.

                      all my best

                      Tiffani B
                      --- In archaeology2@yahoogroups.com, Marion Constante <starscape90@...>

                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 26, 2006
                        Thank you for your offer, I would be glad to get some information on the Fremont, sounds very interesting

                        Marion

                        luvinrocks <luvinrocks@...> wrote: Hello Marion