unusual tripod vessel

  • Sue Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2006
      Does anyone know of any vessels, imported or otherwise, of 11th/12th
      century date which have tripod feet made of rings of clay similar to
      Late Saxon spouts/handles on Thetford-type ware bowls? We have a tripod
      jar from Norwich with small pinched bosses at the shoulder and a
      slightly everted rim, and I'm just trying to locate parallels.

      Thanks

      --
      Sue Anderson
      Project Manager (Finds & Publications)

      mbl: 07917 138915

      ______________________
      CFA Archaeology Ltd
      Old Engine House
      Eskmills Park
      Musselburgh
      East Lothian
      EH21 7PQ

      Tel: 0131 273 4380
      Fax: 0131 273 4381
      www.cfa-archaeology.co.uk

      The information contained in this e-mail is intended solely for
      the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. Its contents
      (including any attachments) are confidential and may contain
      privileged information. If you receive this email in error, please
      notify the sender and ensure it is not read, copied or disclosed.

      CFA Archaeology Ltd has taken all reasonable precautions to
      ensure that no viruses are transmitted to any third party.
      CFA does not accept liability for any loss or damage of data
      resulting from the use of this e-mail or any files attached.