Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2656 , Sep 30, 2003
      "God immediately forgives everything to those who ask forgiveness in a spirit of humility and contrition and who ceaselessly invoke His holy name. As the Psalmist says, 'Confess to the Lord and call upon His holy name' (cf. Ps. 105:1)."

      � � � � � � � � St. Gregory of Sinai.

      "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands, and live. Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth." Proverb 4:4,5

      The Bible reading for the 20th of Tute, October 1st, is:
      1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and sa!
      id, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do
      not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:1-13)
      Departure of Pope Athanasius II, 28th.
      Martyrdom of St. Melitina the Virgin.
      Departure of St. Theopista.

      The Bible reading for the 21st of Tute, October 2nd, is: Mark 3:28-35
      Commemoration of the Virgin St. Mary.
      Martyrdom of St. Kyprianos the Bishop.
      Martyrdom of St. Yustina.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please remember Scott in your prayers. Scott is a a four month old baby with a rare disease and desperately needs a bone marrow donor.
      Please remember Peter Demian in your prayers.
      Please remember in your prayers the 5 Coptic youth that have lost their lives in a car accident on their way to St. Anthony Monastery in California. Also, please remember those who were injured and the families in your prayers.
      Please remember me in your prayers.
      Michael Ashraf, a 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation son.
      Mina Halim - Mina is a young boy in Alexandria with Terminal cancer.
      Mayrvat Hweamel and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - has bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia
      Frannie W, Fr. Shenouda, Renee and her family.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems
      Magued A - many problems
      Amira Rizk - Hip replacement surgery on the 18th of June.
      Esther - Intestinal problems
      Nick Sarris - Nick is scheduled to start chemotherapy and radiation treatments over the next 6 months.
      Fr. Augustine - Cancer in his leg and may need to have an amputation. God has allowed Father Augustine a successful operation without the need for amputation.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer
      Duff H.- Infection. He has recovered :)
      Mina Aziz - Cancer
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Caroline Kamal and her family - Caroline recently lost her father.
      Shafika Guirgis - kidney failure
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes
      Jean Dallin - Neurological back problems
      Therese - Emotional problems
      Ryan - Behavioral problems. Little Ryan is possibly going back into mainstream school.
      Reggie - Cancer
      Detra - Stress related health problems
      Walter Jr. - Cancer. Walter is doing well with the chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Barbara - Depression & legal & financial problems.
      Helen - Multiple health problems & depression.
      Please remember the family of Hakim Shahata in your prayers.
      Please pray for Madeline who has metastatic breast cancer.
      Please pray for Cuba Plain who has cancer that is high up in the breast. She is a mother of 3, ages 15, 12, and 7.
      Please pray for Gabrielle Brewer who is pregnant with a potentially serious, life-threatening illness for the developing baby.
      Please remember Jessica in your prayers. Jessica is 15 years old suffering from brain cancer.
      Please remember Suzanne Hanna in your prayers.
      Please remember Shwaki Ghobrial in your prayers.
      Please remember Zouhair Macktaby in your prayers. Zouhair is suffering from stomach cancer.
      Please remember Hanan Shawki in your prayers. Hanan has a brain tumor and she is a mother of two young Kids. Because of your prayers, Hanan is doing much better.
      Please remember Magdy Wadi in your prayers. Magdy has a brain tumor.
      Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
      Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids. John is getting better.
      Please pray for Eugene Boulis, for completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      Please remember Fadia Morgan and her family in your prayers.
      Please remember Atef and his family in your prayers.
      Please pray for the unemployed to find jobs.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2656 of 2656 , Jul 2 5:56 PM

        Christ is my God and my hope.
        His cross is the rod of my faith.
        His pierced side is the flood of my baptism.
        The blood of His flagellation is the oil of my anointment.
        His apostles are the guide of my way.
        My lady Mariam is the door of my salvation.

           Aba Giorgis of Gasicha.

        "And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord hears the poor."  Psalm 69:32-33

        The Bible reading for the 26th of Baunah, July 3, is:
        13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. 16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, `Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, `Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it. 23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel! 25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matt. 23:13-36)
        Departure of the Great Prophet Joshua Son of Nun.
        The Consecration of the Church of Archangel Gabriel.

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Baunah, July 4, is: Mark 1:1-11
        Martyrdom of St. Ananias, the Apostle.
        Martyrdom of St. Thomas of Shentalet.

        The Bible reading for the 28th of Baunah, July 5, is: Luke 6:27-38
        Departure of St. Theodosius, 33rd Pope of Alexandria.
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of Anba Sarabamoun, Bishop of Nikios.

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith