Re: Bibles

  • Zeitun-eg.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2002
      Yes the Church guided by the Holy Spirit (as always - Acts 15:28) decided on the 27 New Testament books we all know today around the time of St. Augustine (although the books themselves were written much earlier during the first century AD). The Church is thus more than three centuries "older" than the Bible (I mean all its books together as we know it today)! St. Athanasius of Alexandria (297-373 AD) was the one who applied the term 'canonical' to the exact 27 books of our canonical New Testament.