Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2610 , Jun 4, 2002
      Christ is risen! Truly He is risen!

      "Faith, the fear of God, and the observance of His commandments, bring us a
      reward in proportion to our purity. For as we are purified, so we rise from
      fearing God to loving Him. It is like making progress and passing out of fear
      into God's love. It is then that we hear: 'He who accepts My commandments and
      keeps them is the one who loves Me.' So then, let us redouble our efforts to
      prove our love by our works. For when we have done this, He Himself loves us
      just as He promised and His Father loves us in the same way, and the Holy
      Spirit, of course, comes before Him to prepare a dwelling place. So it is
      that by the indwelling unity of the hypostases, we become the home of the
      Father, the Son, and the Spirit."

      St. Simeon the New Theologian.

      "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power
      of your hand to do so." Proverbs 3:27

      The Bible reading for the 28th of Bashans, June 5th, is:
      16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master;
      nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these
      things, blessed are you if you do them.

      18 I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that
      the Scripture may be fulfilled, 'He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his
      heel against Me.' 19 Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come
      to pass, you may believe that I am He. 20 Most assuredly, I say to you, he
      who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him
      who sent Me." (John 13:16-20)
      The arrival of St. Epiphanius' relics.

      The Bible reading for the 29th of Bashans, June 6th, is: John 17:18-21

      Prayer Requests:

      Please remember me in your prayers.
      Please remember Fr. Salib in your prayers. He recently had a liver transplant
      and his lungs are not functioning. He has been in a coma since the operation.
      Please remember Magdy Wadi in your prayers. Magdy has a brain tumor.
      Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph
      node and voice box. He started chemo on April 1st for 40 days.
      Please remember Mina Aziz in your prayers. Mina is 12 years old and has
      cancer in one of his legs. In the last 6 month they have operated 16 times on
      him. They might amputate his leg soon.
      Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
      Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor
      removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2610 of 2610 , Apr 23 7:37 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "After the resurrection, when our bodies will be re-united to our souls, they will be incorruptible; and the carnal passions which disturb us now will not be present in those bodies; we shall enjoy a peaceful equilibrium in which the prudence of the flesh will not make war upon the soul; and there will no longer be that internal warfare wherein sinful passions fight against the law of the mind, conquering the soul and taking it captive by sin. Our nature then will be purified of all these tendencies, and one spirit will be in both, I mean in the flesh and in the spirit, and every corporeal affection will be banished from our nature."

           St. Gregory of Nyssa.

        "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You."  Psalm 9:10

        The Bible reading for the 16th of Baramoudah, April 24, is:
        54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven--not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever. (John 6:54-58)
        Martyrdom of St. Antipas, Bishop of Pergamos.

        The Bible reading for the 17th of Baramoudah, April 25, is: John 6:1-14
        Martyrdom of St. James the Apostle Brother of St. John the Apostle.

        The Bible reading for the 18th of Baramoudah, April 26, is: John 6:35-45
        Martyrdom of St. Arsenius, Slave of St. Sousnyous.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.