The Daily Gospel

  • DGO
    Message 1 of 81 , May 31 7:16 PM
      DAILY GOSPEL
      Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. Jn 6, 68

      To redefine the title
      of my mail

      To stop temporarily
      my subscription

      To receive my mail
      discreetly

      Unsubscribe

      Saturday, 01 June 2002
      Today the Church celebrates : St. Justin

      Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to saint Mark 11,27-33

      They returned once more to Jerusalem. As he was walking in the temple area, the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders approached him and said to him, "By what authority are you doing these things? Or who gave you this authority to do them?" Jesus said to them, "I shall ask you one question. Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things. Was John's baptism of heavenly or of human origin? Answer me." They discussed this among themselves and said, "If we say, 'Of heavenly origin,' he will say, '(Then) why did you not believe him?' But shall we say, 'Of human origin'?"--they feared the crowd, for they all thought John really was a prophet. So they said to Jesus in reply, "We do not know." Then Jesus said to them, "Neither shall I tell you by what authority I do these things."

      Source : United States Conference of Catholic Bishops

      Manage your subscription directly clicking HERE

    • DGO
      Message 81 of 81 , Jun 2, 2002
        DAILY GOSPEL
        Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. Jn 6, 68

        To redefine the title
        of my mail

        To stop temporarily
        my subscription

        To receive my mail
        discreetly

        Unsubscribe

        Monday, 03 June 2002
        Today the Church celebrates : St. Charles Lwanga

        Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to saint Mark 12,1-12

        He began to speak to them in parables. "A man planted a vineyard, put a hedge around it, dug a wine press, and built a tower. Then he leased it to tenant farmers and left on a journey. At the proper time he sent a servant to the tenants to obtain from them some of the produce of the vineyard. But they seized him, beat him, and sent him away empty-handed. Again he sent them another servant. And that one they beat over the head and treated shamefully. He sent yet another whom they killed. So, too, many others; some they beat, others they killed. He had one other to send, a beloved son. He sent him to them last of all, thinking, 'They will respect my son.' But those tenants said to one another, 'This is the heir. Come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' So they seized him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard. What (then) will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come, put the tenants to death, and give the vineyard to others. Have you not read this scripture passage: 'The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; by the Lord has this been done, and it is wonderful in our eyes'?" They were seeking to arrest him, but they feared the crowd, for they realized that he had addressed the parable to them. So they left him and went away.