Practical Issue: Should Christians Go to Civil Court With One Another?

  • Zeitun-eg.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001
      Should Christians Go to Civil Court With One Another?    >>>>>

      Scriptures hold we should not be in civil courts against each other. The believer who goes against another believer in the courts of the world may win there, but he will lose in Heaven. He may win his case, but will lose his testimony, honour and integrity before the world. The believer who abides by GodÂ’s Word and ends up before the Church leadership may lose there, but he will win in Heaven. He may lose his case, but he will keep a brother and preserve his ministry in the world as well. Even if the Church leadership misunderstands his side of the case, and he feels he has been misjudged, God is his true judge and He will defend and avenge. Below are few links on the subject.

      1 Corinthians 6:1-8 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers! Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!

      Galatians 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

      Glory be to Jesus Christ.

      In Christ's everlasting love, joy and peace (the fruits of the Holy Spirit),
      --Zeitun-eg.org (
      Our Lady of Zeitun Online/The Holy Bible Web Site - 1996-2001)
      Zeitun-eg.org is an interdenominational ministry.

      This message is permanently archived at:
      To subscribe, send e-mail to:
      arbible-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: