Hot Dogs for Christmas

  • Zeitun-eg.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002
      Proverbs 15:17 Better is a dinner of herbs (vegetables) where love is, than a fatted calf with hatred.

      Hot Dogs for Christmas   >>>>>

      Source: http://www.svd-ca.com/stories/today.htm

      One Christmas eve a prosperous businessman was hurrying to the butcher shop before closing time. "Are you buying your Christmas roast?" a friend asked. " No. Only hot dogs," he answered.

      Then he explained that long ago a bank failure had completely wiped out his fortune. He faced Christmas with no job, no money for gifts, and less than a dollar for food. He and his wife and small daughter said grace before dinner that year and then ate a Christmas dinner of hot dogs. His wife had decorated each of them, giving them toothpicks for legs and broom straws for tails and whiskers. Their little girl was delighted and her radiant joy spread to all of them.

      After dinner they gave thanks again for the most loving and festive time they had ever had together.

      "Now it's a tradition," said the once again prosperous man. "Hot dogs for Christmas - they remind us of that happy day when we realised that we still had one another and our God-given sense of humour."

      Proverbs 25:15 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

      Glory be to Jesus Christ.

      In Christ's everlasting love, joy and peace (the fruits of the Holy Spirit),
      --Zeitun-eg.org (
      Our Lady of Zeitun Online/The Holy Bible Web Site - 1996-2002)
      Zeitun-eg.org is an interdenominational ministry.

      This message is permanently archived at:
      To subscribe, send e-mail to:
      arbible-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: