Spiritual Words. Fast and Prayer announcement

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      �

      The Church has announced three day Fast and Prayer for the Papacy selection
      October 1-3, 2012

      "Peter was first given the keys, but then he was allowed to fall into sin by denying Christ; and so his pride was humbled by his fall. Do not be surprised, then, if after receiving the keys of spiritual knowledge you fall into various evil thoughts. Glorify our Lord, for He alone is wise: through setbacks of this kind He restrains the presumption that we tend to feel because of our advance in the knowledge of God. Trials and temptations are the reins whereby God in His providence restrains our human arrogance."

      St. John of Karpathos.

      "Walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." Ephesians 5:2

      The Bible reading for the 21st of Tout, October 1st, is:
      28 Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation-- 30 because they said, He has an unclean spirit. 31 Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. 32 And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You. 33 But He answered them, saying, Who is My mother, or My brothers? 34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother. (Mark 3:28-35)
      Commemoration of the Virgin St. Mary, the Theotokos.
      Martyrdom of St. Cyprian (Cyprianus) and St. Justina.

      The Bible reading for the 22nd of Tout, October 2nd, is: Luke 12:4-12
      Martyrdom of Saints Cotylas (Kobtlas) and Axoua, his Sister, and Tatas, his Friend.
      Martyrdom of St. Julius of Aqfahs (El-Akfehasi), the Writer of the Biography of Martyrs.

      Prayer Requests:

      Nicole H. - Liver problems.
      Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani - Awaiting execution in Iran
      Aida E. - Liver Cancer.
      The Samann family.
      Rabab and family.
      Simon G. - Urinary tract disability and back problems.
      Ibrahim - Lung cancer
      Amal - Breast cancer
      George A. - Respiratory Problems.
      Fr. Athanasius Ava Mina - Intestinal problems.
      Huda S. - Peace and health.
      The family of Mary R.
      Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer
      Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
      Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
      Marian L - Late stage MS
      Nadia - Lung cancer
      Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
      John - Brain aneurysm
      Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
      Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
      Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
      Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
      Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
      Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
      The family of Neveen M.
      Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
      Clement - Lung and liver cancer
      M.M.- metabolic syndrome
      Sherien - Cancer
      Emad. Please pray for his family
      Scott - Crones Disease
      J. Shapiro - Cancer.
      C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
      M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
      M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
      Fr. Wissa Bessada
      G. Roubil - Out of ICU
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      M. Chouinard and her family and students.
      Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
      Jan P - pancreatic cancer
      Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
      Eric G - throat cancer
      Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
      Amelia T - Breast Cancer
      Anthony C - Kidney Stones
      Emad: To be closer to God
      Safa: To be closer to God
      Badra: Comfort
      Souzy: Guidance
      Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
      Vladimir and Vaclav.
      Steve - Depression.
      M Said.
      Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
      Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
      Nicole: Wisdom
      Hazem A. - Overcome his addiction, and gives him strength & will power.
      Kip - Her spine is breaking down & will need surgery to have a rod inserted.
      Katherine - Make right decisions as she enters adulthood.
      Susan - Finds peace and overcome her suicidal thoughts.
      Sue's family - Return, as a family, to our church and find peace.
      Jacky A. and Family.
      John D. - Job
      L&M - Aspberger's syndrome
      ME- return to God, the Church & the Sacraments
      KEE - patience, perseverance, faith, strength, healing
      Z. Saddak - Health
      Daniel N - Protection from the evil in his life and return him to his loving family
      The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.