Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2615 , May 6 8:28 PM
      Christ is risen! Truly He is risen!

      "The sun cannot shine without light; nor can the heart be cleansed of the
      stain of destructive thoughts without invoking in prayer the name of Jesus.
      This being the case, we should use that name as we do our own breath. For
      that name is light, while evil thoughts are darkness; it is God and Master,
      while evil thoughts are slaves and demons."

      St. Hesychios the Priest.

      "whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matt. 21:22

      The Bible reading for the 29th of Baramoda, May 7th, is:
      9 Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to
      Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons. 10 She went and told
      those who had been with Him, as they mourned and wept. 11 And when they heard
      that He was alive and had been seen by her, they did not believe. 12 After
      that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into
      the country. 13 And they went and told it to the rest, but they did not
      believe them either.

      14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked
      their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who
      had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, "Go into all the
      world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is
      baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And
      these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out
      demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and
      if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay
      hands on the sick, and they will recover."

      19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into
      heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and
      preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word
      through the accompanying signs. Amen. (Mark 16:9-20)

      The Bible reading for the 30th of Baramoda, May 8th, is: John 2:12-25
      Martyrdom of St. Mark the Evangelist.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please remember me in your prayers.
      Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph
      node and voice box. He started chemo on April 1st for 40 days.
      Please remember Mina Aziz in your prayers. Mina is 12 years old and has
      cancer in one of his legs. In the last 6 month they have operated 16 times on
      him. They might amputate his leg soon.
      Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
      Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor
      removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2615 of 2615 , May 3 6:44 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "What does a person do when bitten by a snake? Does he not sit down beneath the one who cuts him with the knife [i.e. the physician], while others hold him, putting salt and vinegar on [the wounds] until all the venom has washed out and he lives?...So too with the person whom the serpent, the snake, the pervert, Satan has bitten and into whose heart he has poured his wickedness: it is proper in his case for the fear of the Lord to hold him, just like the one who is held by his friends, under the true physician, who is trustworthy for the healing of our souls, God the merciful, Jesus, who cuts us with reproofs in all his words, which have come forth from the mouths of his saints, and who turns us to repentance with grieving and groans."

           St. Shenouda the Archimandrite.

        "Make Your face shine upon Your servant, And teach me Your statutes."  Psalm 119:135

        The Bible reading for the 26th of Baramoudah, May 4th, is:
        39 They answered and said to Him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father. Then they said to Him, We were not born of fornication; we have one Father--God. 42 Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. (John 8:39-42)
        Martyrdom of St. Sousenyos.
        Departure of Pope Youannis VII, 78th. Patriarch.

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Baramoudah, May 5th, is: John 8:51-55
        Martyrdom of St. Boctor Ebn Romanus.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith