Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3129 , May 6, 2002
      Christ is risen! Truly He is risen!

      "The sun cannot shine without light; nor can the heart be cleansed of the
      stain of destructive thoughts without invoking in prayer the name of Jesus.
      This being the case, we should use that name as we do our own breath. For
      that name is light, while evil thoughts are darkness; it is God and Master,
      while evil thoughts are slaves and demons."

      St. Hesychios the Priest.

      "whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matt. 21:22

      The Bible reading for the 29th of Baramoda, May 7th, is:
      9 Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to
      Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons. 10 She went and told
      those who had been with Him, as they mourned and wept. 11 And when they heard
      that He was alive and had been seen by her, they did not believe. 12 After
      that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into
      the country. 13 And they went and told it to the rest, but they did not
      believe them either.

      14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked
      their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who
      had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, "Go into all the
      world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is
      baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And
      these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out
      demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and
      if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay
      hands on the sick, and they will recover."

      19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into
      heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and
      preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word
      through the accompanying signs. Amen. (Mark 16:9-20)

      The Bible reading for the 30th of Baramoda, May 8th, is: John 2:12-25
      Martyrdom of St. Mark the Evangelist.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please remember me in your prayers.
      Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph
      node and voice box. He started chemo on April 1st for 40 days.
      Please remember Mina Aziz in your prayers. Mina is 12 years old and has
      cancer in one of his legs. In the last 6 month they have operated 16 times on
      him. They might amputate his leg soon.
      Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
      Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor
      removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 3129 of 3129 , Jun 27 5:26 PM

        "In love did He bring the world into existence; in love does He guide it during this its temporal existence; in love is He going to bring it to that wondrous transformed state, and in love will the world be swallowed up in the great mystery of Him who has performed all these things; in love will the whole course of the governance of creation be finally comprised. And since in the New World the Creator’s love rules over all rational nature, the wonder at His mysteries that will be revealed then will captivate to itself the intellect of all rational beings whom He has created so that they might have delight in Him, whether they be evil or whether they be just."

        St. Isaac the Syrian.

        "So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase."  1 Corinthians 3:7

        The Bible reading for the 21st of Baunah, June 28, is:
        39 Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah, 40 and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. 41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 45 Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord. 46 And Mary said: My soul magnifies the Lord, 47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. 48 For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. 49 For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name. 50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him From generation to generation. 51 He has shown strength with His arm; He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones, And exalted the lowly. 53 He has filled the hungry with good things, And the rich He has sent away empty. 54 He has helped His servant Israel, In remembrance of His mercy, 55 As He spoke to our fathers, To Abraham and to his seed forever. 56 And Mary remained with her about three months, and returned to her house. (Luke 1:39-56)
        Commemoration of the First Church for The Virgin Mary in the city of Philippi.
        Martyrdom of St. Timothy of Memphis (El-Masry).
        Departure of St. Cedron (Kardonos), 4th Patriarch of Alexandria.

        The Bible reading for the 22nd of Baunah, June 29, is: Luke 21:12-19
        The Consecration of the Church of Sts. Cosmas, Damian, Their Mother, and Brothers.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.
        Anthony Cacho - Recovery from heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.