Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2611 , Jan 3, 2011
      "Now He commanded men to be poor in spirit, and such He calleth blessed and worthy of the kingdom of heaven. Again He chargeth us to mourn in the present life, that we may obtain comfort hereafter, and to be meek, and to be ever hungering and thirsting after righteousness: to be merciful, and ready to distribute, pititful and compassionate, pure in heart, abstaining from all defilement of flesh and spirit, peacemakers with our neighbors and with our own souls, by bringing the worse into subjection to the better, and that by a just decision making peace in that continual warfare betwixt the twain; also to endure all persecution and tribulation and reviling, inflicted upon us for righteousness' sake in defense of His name, that we may obtain everlasting felicity in the glorious distribution of His rewards."

      St. John Damascene.

      He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Psalm 91:1-2

      The Bible reading for the 26th of Kiahk, January 4th, is:
      1 Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: `Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, `No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, `Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, `Assure

      dly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:1-13)
      Martyrdom of St. Anastasia.
      Commemoration of St. Juliana the Martyr.

      The Bible reading for the 27th of Kiahk, January 5th, is: John 16:20-33
      Martyrdom of St. Anba "Bisadi" (Psote), the Bishop.

      Prayer Requests:

      Abdelmessih - Stage one Lung Cancer
      Fr. Athanasius Ava Mina - Intestinal problems.
      Huda S. - Peace and health.
      Mary R. - Recently diagnosed with leukemia and in need of a bone marrow donor. Please contact cure4mary@... for ways you can help.
      Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer
      Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
      Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
      Marian L - Late stage MS
      Nadia - Lung cancer
      Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
      John - Brain aneurysm
      Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
      Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
      Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
      Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
      Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
      Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
      Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
      The family of Neveen M.
      Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
      Clement - Lung and liver cancer
      M.M.- metabolic syndrome
      Mary Ann G. - Stomach Cancer
      Sherien - Cancer
      Emad. Please pray for his family
      Scott - Crones Disease
      J. Shapiro - Cancer.
      C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
      M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
      M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
      Fr. Wissa Bessada
      G. Roubil - Out of ICU
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Recovered well from breast cancer; thanks for everyone's prayers!
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      M. Chouinard and her family and students.
      Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
      Jan P - pancreatic cancer
      Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
      Eric G - throat cancer
      Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
      Amelia T - Breast Cancer
      Anthony C - Kidney Stones
      Emad: To be closer to God
      Safa: To be closer to God
      Badra: Comfort
      Souzy: Guidance
      Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
      Vladimir and Vaclav.
      Steve - Depression.
      M Said.
      Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
      Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
      Nicole: Wisdom
      Hazem A. - Overcome his addiction, and gives him strength & will power..
      John D. - Job
      The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2611 of 2611 , Apr 26 8:18 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Again we would say `If Adam died because of sin, He Who removed sin had to take away death too.' But just as Adam was told `The day you eat of the forbidden tree, you shall die,' but in fact he did not die; but rather he received a pledge of his death in the form of being stripped naked of the gory and his expulsion from Paradise, after which he was daily pondering on death. It is exactly the same with life in Christ: we have eaten His Body in place of the fruit of the Tree, and His altar has taken the place of the Garden of Eden for us; the curse has been washed away by His innocent blood, and in the hope of resurrection we await the life that is to come, and indeed we already walk in the new life, in that we already have a pledge of it."

           St. Ephrem the Syrian.

        "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought."  1 Corinthians 1:10

        The Bible reading for the 19th of Baramoudah, April 27, is:
        39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. 40 Therefore many from the crowd, when they heard this saying, said, Truly this is the Prophet. 41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Will the Christ come out of Galilee? 42 Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was?. (John 7:39-42)
        Martyrdom of St. Simeon the Armenian, Bishop of the country of Persia and 150 with him.
        Martyrdom of the blessed Youhanna (John) Abu Nagaah El-Kabeer.
        Martyrdom of the Vizier Abu Elaala Fahd ibn Ibrahim and his companions.
        Martyrdom of Daoud (David), the Monk.

        The Bible reading for the 20th of Baramoudah, April 28, is: John 8:12-16
        Martyrdom of St. Babnuda (Paphnute).

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith