Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2656 , Feb 28, 2010
      "Without God (without His omnipresence) there cannot be any single motion of my thought or heart: if there is an action, there must be a reason; if there is a consequence, there must be an origin. This is why the Apostle says: 'Not that we are sufficient of ourselves' (capable) 'to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God' (2 Cor. 3:5). God Himself lives, and that is why my soul also lives."

      St. John of Kronstadt.

      "I will call upon God, And the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice." Psalms 55:16-17

      The Bible reading for the 22nd of Amshir, March 1st, is:
      1 He also said to His disciples: There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. 2 So he called him and said to him, `What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' 3 Then the steward said within himself, `What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg. 4 `I have resolved what to do, that when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.' 5 So he called every one of his master's debtors to him, and said to the first, `How much do you owe my master?' 6 And he said, `A hundred measures of oil.' So he said to him, `Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.' 7 Then he said to another, `And how much do you owe?' So he said, `A hundred measures of wheat.' And he said to him, `Take your bill, and write eighty.' 8 So the master commended the unjust steward because he ha

      d dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light. 9 And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home. (Luke 16:1-9)
      Departure of St. Maruta (Maruthas) the Bishop.

      The Bible reading for the 23rd of Amshir, March 2nd, is: Luke 9:57-62
      Martyrdom of St. Eusebius, Son of Basilides, the Minister.

      Prayer Requests:

      Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
      Marian L - Late stage MS
      John - Brain aneurysm
      Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
      Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
      Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
      Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
      Kassab - Back operation.
      Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
      Peter and family - inoperable grade 4 brain tumour
      Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
      The family of Neveen M.
      Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
      Clement - Lung and liver cancer
      M.M.- metabolic syndrome
      Mary Ann G. - Stomach Cancer
      Sherien - Cancer
      Emad. Please pray for his family
      Scott - Crones Disease
      J. Shapiro - Cancer.
      C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
      T.M. - Imprisoned in Abu Dhabi
      M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
      M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
      Fr. Wissa Bessada
      G. Roubil - Out of ICU
      Elizabeth - Liver cancer.
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Breast Cancer- Thank God the critical stage is over and she's recovering well now!
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      M. Chouinard and her family and students.
      Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
      Jan P - pancreatic cancer
      Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
      Eric G - throat cancer
      Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
      Amelia T - Breast Cancer
      Anthony C - Kidney Stones
      Emad: To be closer to God
      Safa: To be closer to God
      Badra: Comfort
      Souzy: Guidance
      Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
      Vladimir and Vaclav.
      Steve - Depression.
      M Said.
      Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
      K. Abdelmessih

      Ramy's soul which is far from Christ
      Andrew - Fill his heart with faith, peace, forgiveness and love toward his parents
      Sue A & family - return of the family’s faith, spiritual growth, guidance & strength in their homeschooling
      Lackraj L. - has been in the hospital for 2 months
      Marianne and her family
      E. Farag's family
      Fr. Leonidas - Brain tumor
      Joseph W. - Prostate cancer
      DS and family - cancer, stroke and paralysis
      Nader S - Hardship
      Hanaa S - Breast Cancer
      Zakia A. - Cancer
      Nasr H. - Emphysema - Doing better.
      Lucy B. - Breast cancer
      Amira C - severe and chronic Lyme Disease
      N M- God's will in her testing for cancer; and His GREAT support for her if it is positive. Thank God, the testing result turns out to be negative.
      Susan - mental illness, marital problems and neglect of children.
      Dina - Spiritual healing and wisdom
      Carol - Rare autoimmune disease that's left her immobile.
      Karim
      Hayam R. - Cancer in her ovaries.
      Susu G. - Breast Cancer.
      MH - Major heart problems and in dire need of spiritual guidance.
      Tony H. - Colon cancer, kidney and heart problem.
      Ramy M - Insomnia and mental problem.
      Ghassan A. - Cancer. He has 3 kids.
      Maria B. - Lymphoma Cancer - away from God.
      Neveen S. - Brain Damage.
      N.S. - Breast cancer.
      Veronia - Newly born baby girl in intensive care with brain damage.
      Walter O. - Was operated on to have cancerous growths removed from inside his right lung.
      Celeste D. - Cancer.
      Nasr N. - Cancer.
      Angelita - Severe Insomia and Depression.
      Fr. Abraam.
      Susan - depression and spiritual healing.
      M.H. - Lymphoma
      Hoda - Depression and suicidal thoughts
      Ibrahim - Renounced his faith due to failures and hardships
      Steve, Paul, Victor, Frances, Foad - To experience and love Christ
      The family of Olympia.
      Greg - throat cancer
      Marian and Paul - Marian recently had a miscarriage
      Sophie - multiple health issues
      Fathia - dementia
      Family of HW who committed suicide
      Mark H - MS
      F. Saad - Heart Attack.
      Angel N. - Lymph Node Cancer - recovered, Pray it won't return
      Marina - A Highschool freshman with Leukemia
      R.T. - A 14 years old girl with Leukemia.
      S.Henin - Autoimmune Disease.
      Mike - recovering alcoholic, who lost his son to alcohol & drug addiction & suicide.
      Matt - May God have mercy on his soul
      Mark N - 20 years old with cancer and just started chemeotherapy.
      Berna, Raouf and Alex Halim - Serious car accident, Raouf is in the ICU.
      Wahid Girgus - MS
      Andrew and his parents - 10 days old infant with the Lymphatic nodes not working and other medical consequences.
      John and his parents - unborn baby with kidney damage.
      S. Magda - Health problems.
      M & O - Family problems
      Ariana - 3 1/2yrs, inoperable brain tumor
      Noussa B. - Heal her.
      Magdy B - Cancer.
      Megan - Hodgkins Lyphoma - Thank God, her Hodgkins Lymphoma is now in remission
      Abouna A - Prostate Cancer - unforuntately, now has brain cancer as well.
      Judi & John - Son with Severe Developmental Disabilities
      Anthony - Autism
      Christina - Chronic Pain
      Karen & Tony - Infertility - Thank God, They, had a Baby Boy (Garrett)
      Steve - Cancer (fighting it for 10 years +)
      Samiha - Dementia
      Adly - Parkinson's Disease
      The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
      Nancy - Glass went into her right eye.
      D. Arteaga - Surgery
      Fadia - Breast Cancer.
      Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
      J.David - Depression,School,Drug problems, needs God's Guidance.
      George k - Cancer
      Frances - Brain Tumor
      Alber - Cancer
      K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
      E. Tawadros - Guide her to the right path and grant her wish.
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Mary - Breast cancer
      A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat - severe diabetes.
      Samy - Bone cancer.
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Zouhair - stomach cancer.
      Magdy - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      H. Adel - finish the immigration papers and preparation successfully.
      E.Tawadros - Guide her to the right ways and complete IT to the best it will be.
      Shareen - Stays out of trouble, gets closer to God, and Leads a pure life.
      Mark H - MS
      Mamdooh, Nahed, Marina and Cyril - May the will of The Lord be done.
      M. Michael, C. Michael, M. Michael, R. Michael and family and friends.
      M. M. Fayez.
      R. Farouk's Family
      Kristen and her brother
      David - To be close to a Church
      George - pass the final interview for a Job,to survive extreme debts.
      Kristina may God heal her and help Ed in school, and help Joan with her finance problems.
      Bassem - bare the severe circumstances he is passing through and give him peace.
      Alfred - needs guidance and acknowledgement of the right way.
      Hala - give her peace.
      Evette - let her find the right way and have satisfaction.
      Heba - give her the right decision.
      Mona - take care of her cause she's alone.
      William E. and Family
      Fr. Heinen and family.
      Norma, Laura and Ibrahim.
      Stephanie - autism, and for her family
      Dina's salvation
      Marie Y - Rheumatoid arthitis
      MMH: For guidance, strength, and wisdom
      Heidi - work problems, May God give her the right choice
      Luka - Autism and to relief his family
      Shery - in her school and Master preperation.
      Jarcie - legal and financial difficulties, and return her to Christ.
      Gabriel & family - May they find a suitable Orthodox Church to be catechized and baptized in.
      S.H. - Needs God's guidance to make the right career choice
      Mario F. - Grant solitude to his family and to repair all damaged relationships.
      STMCOC of DC mission trip to Africa and India this fall.
      The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.
      ERA: The mission of the EgyptiansRelief.org in Egypt may God prosper all the work done everywhere the service is.
      Yvone - Dizziness and a bleeding mouth and nose.
      Widad - Cancer.
      Nour - God would reunite his broken family.
      Jimmy, Fady, Shady - To experience and love Christ.
      PM, EM, CM and JM - Salvation and to be brought to Christ.
      Fr. Wade+ and family - protection and support
      St. Andrews Mission, Lakeland, FL - new mission plant
      E and L - Solution to their problems according to God's will.
      Hani - To experience the love of Christ through salvation.
      Safwat - Away from God.
      A.S. - Find the right path.
      E.F. - Spiritual guidance from God to find his way back to Him.
      RMG & Family - Comfort & Peace in time of grief.
      Clara M - (3 years old) has Lukemia.
      F.Tawfik - High sugar level.
      Baby H.M.Hany - May God heal her.
      E.Tawadros - Difficult times, in need of God's guidance.
      Kamal G.
      Samir A.
      Hazem
      Shady S. - Guidance and support.
      Richard - Heart condition, sorrow and despair.
      Give peace and prosper to St Bishoy church - stouffville.
      Mariam - Show her compassion after being so broken hearted
      M&M: Family problems
      The Christians in Iraq, and those who have fled from there and are living destitute as refugees.
      A.S. - Gets closer to God
      Hala - God lead her to stability and peace
      AnaSimone, may God unite her with her father.
      Kathy, May God unite her with her husband.
      Mina, may God unite hime with his wife and daughter.
      Mina's family, may God grant them love and peace.
      Carla Jean, Tessa, James.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2656 of 2656 , Jul 2 5:56 PM

        Christ is my God and my hope.
        His cross is the rod of my faith.
        His pierced side is the flood of my baptism.
        The blood of His flagellation is the oil of my anointment.
        His apostles are the guide of my way.
        My lady Mariam is the door of my salvation.

           Aba Giorgis of Gasicha.

        "And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord hears the poor."  Psalm 69:32-33

        The Bible reading for the 26th of Baunah, July 3, is:
        13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. 16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, `Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, `Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it. 23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel! 25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matt. 23:13-36)
        Departure of the Great Prophet Joshua Son of Nun.
        The Consecration of the Church of Archangel Gabriel.

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Baunah, July 4, is: Mark 1:1-11
        Martyrdom of St. Ananias, the Apostle.
        Martyrdom of St. Thomas of Shentalet.

        The Bible reading for the 28th of Baunah, July 5, is: Luke 6:27-38
        Departure of St. Theodosius, 33rd Pope of Alexandria.
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of Anba Sarabamoun, Bishop of Nikios.

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith