Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 3221 , Mar 2, 2009
      " 'Blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy' (Matt. 5:7). The merciful person is he who gives to others what he has himself received from God, whether it be money, or food, or strength, a helpful word, a prayer, or anything else that he has through which he can express his compassion for those in need. At the same time he considers himself a debtor, since he has received more than he is asked to give."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

      The Bible reading for the 24th of Amshir, March 3rd, is:
      17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18 So Jesus said to him, Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: `Do not commit adultery,' `Do not murder,' `Do not steal,' `Do not bear false witness,' `Do not defraud,' `Honor your father and your mother.' 20 And he answered and said to Him, Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth. 21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me. 22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. 23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus ans

      wered again and said to them, Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. 26 And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? 27 But Jesus looked at them and said, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible. (Mark 10:17-27)
      Departure of St. Agapetus (Agapius), the Bishop.
      Martyrdom of St. Timothy and St. Matthias.

      The Bible reading for the 25th of Amshir, March 4th, is: Matthew 15:32-38
      Martyrdom of Sts. Archippus, Philemon and Lycia the Virgin.
      Martyrdom of St. Quona (Kona) and St. Mina.

      Prayer Requests:

      Emad. Cancer. very urgent.
      Theresa - Cancer.
      Scott - Crones Disease
      The family of M. Askandar
      J. Shapiro - Cancer.
      C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
      David - a little boy that will be having surgery next month.
      T.M. - Imprisoned in Abu Dhabi
      K. Abdelmessih - Recovering from surgery
      M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
      M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
      Fr. Wissa Bessada - In the hospital.
      G. Roubil - Out of ICU
      The Boulos family, that the Lord may comfort them on the repose of their son and brother Timothy Boulos.
      Elizabeth - Liver cancer.
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      The congregation of St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church in Delaware and the family of Malak M.
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Breast Cancer
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      M. Chouinard and her family and students.
      Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
      Jan P - pancreatic cancer
      Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
      Eric G - throat cancer
      Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
      Amelia T - Breast Cancer
      Anthony C - Kidney Stones
      Emad: To be closer to God
      Sana2: heart surgery
      Safa: To be closer to God
      Badra: Comfort
      Souzy: Guidance
      Marianne and her family
      E. Farag's family
      F.F. to find his way back to God and to reunit him with his familly.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 3221 of 3221 , Nov 16 5:24 PM

        "Do not despise any man, however poor he may be; but behave with full respect and kindness to every well-intentioned man, especially to the poor, as to our members worthy of compassion - or, rather, to members of Christ - otherwise you will cruelly wound your soul."

        St. John of Kronstadt, My Life in Christ.

        "Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble."  Psalm 40:1

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Hatour, November 17, is:
        43 The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, Follow Me. 44 Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45 Philip found Nathanael and said to him, We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote--Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. 46 And Nathanael said to him, Can anything good come out of Nazareth? Philip said to him, Come and see. 47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit! 48 Nathanael said to Him, How do You know me? Jesus answered and said to him, Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you. 49 Nathanael answered and said to Him, Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel! 50 Jesus answered and said to him, Because I said to you, `I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these. 51 And He said to him, Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man. (John 1:43-51)
        Commemoration of the Four Incorporeal Beasts.

        The Bible reading for the 9th of Hatour, November 18, is: Matthew 16:13-19
        Departure of the Holy Father Anba Isaac, 41st Pope of Alexandria.
        The Assembly of the Ecumenical Council at Nicea.

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Hatour, November 19, is: Matthew 13:1-9
        Martyrdom of St. Sophia and the Fifty Virgins with her.
        The Assembly of a Council in Rome because of the Feast of Theophany and Lent.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.