Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2581 , Sep 30, 2008
      "Hearers of the Holy Gospels, let us listen to John the Divine. For he who said, 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God' (John 1:1), went on to say. 'and the Word was made flesh' (John 1:14). For neither is it holy to worship the mere man, nor religious to say that He is God only without the Manhood. For if Christ is God, as indeed He is, but took not human nature upon Him, we are strangers to salvation. Let us then worship Him as God, but believe that He was also made Man. For neither is there any profit in calling Him man without Godhead, nor any salvation in refusing to confess the Manhood together with the Godhead. Let us confess the presence of Him who is both King and Physician. For Jesus the King when about to become our Physician, 'girded Himself with the linen' of humanity (John 13:4), and healed that which was sick. The perfect Teacher of babes became a babe among babes, that He might give wisdom to the foolish. The Bread of heaven ca

      me down on earth that He might feed the hungry."

      St. Cyril of Jerusalem.

      "A fool despises his father's instruction, But he who receives correction is prudent." Proverbs 15:5

      The Bible reading for the 21st of Tout, October 1st, is:
      "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"-- because they said, "He has an unclean spirit."
      Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, "Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You."
      But He answered them, saying, "Who is My mother, or My brothers?" And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, "Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother." (Mark 3:28-35)
      Commemoration of the Virgin St. Mary, the Theotokos.
      Martyrdom of St. Cyprian (Cyprianus) and St. Justina.

      The Bible reading for the 22nd of Tout, October 2nd, is: Luke 12:4-12
      Martyrdom of Saints Cotylas (Kobtlas) and Axoua, his Sister, and Tatas, his Friend.
      Martyrdom of St. Julius of Aqfahs (El-Akfehasi), the Writer of the Biography of Martyrs.

      Prayer Requests:

      Elizabeth - Liver cancer.
      The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
      Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      David - rectal and liver cancer.
      Elmarkiz S. - Stroke, in ICU since last Sunday.
      The congregation of St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church in Delaware and the family of Malak M.
      Athanasius - Newborn with rare disorder requiring multiple surgeries, and for his family - Comfort, strength and reassurance
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Breast Cancer
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.

      Fr. Leonidas - Brain tumor
      Joseph W. - Prostate cancer
      DS and family - cancer, stroke and paralysis
      Iris S - Kidney Surgery - June 11th,2008
      Nader S - Hardship
      Hanaa S - Breast Cancer
      Zakia A. - Cancer
      Nasr H. - Emphysema - Doing better.
      Lucy B. - Breast cancer
      Amira C - severe and chronic Lyme Disease
      N M- God's will in her testing for cancer; and His GREAT support for her if it is positive. Thank God, the testing result turns out to be negative.
      Susan - mental illness, marital problems and neglect of children.
      Dina - Spiritual healing and wisdom
      Carol - Rare autoimmune disease that's left her immobile.
      Karim
      Hayam R. - Cancer in her ovaries.
      Susu G. - Breast Cancer.
      MH - Major heart problems and in dire need of spiritual guidance.
      Tony H. - Colon cancer, kidney and heart problem.
      Ramy M - Insomnia and mental problem.
      Ghassan A. - Cancer. He has 3 kids.
      Maria B. - Lymphoma Cancer - away from God.
      Neveen S. - Brain Damage.
      N.S. - Breast cancer.
      Veronia - Newly born baby girl in intensive care with brain damage.
      Walter O. - Was operated on to have cancerous growths removed from inside his right lung.
      Celeste D. - Cancer.
      Nasr N. - Cancer.
      Angelita - Severe Insomia and Depression.
      Fr. Abraam.
      Susan - depression and spiritual healing.
      M.H. - Lymphoma
      Hoda - Depression and suicidal thoughts
      Ibrahim - Renounced his faith due to failures and hardships
      Steve, Paul, Victor, Frances, Foad - To experience and love Christ
      The family of Olympia.
      Greg - throat cancer
      Marian and Paul - Marian recently had a miscarriage
      Sophie - multiple health issues
      Fathia - dementia
      Family of HW who committed suicide
      Mark H - MS
      F. Saad - Heart Attack.
      Angel N. - Lymph Node Cancer - recovered, Pray it won't return
      Marina - A Highschool freshman with Leukemia
      R.T. - A 14 years old girl with Leukemia.
      S.Henin - Autoimmune Disease.
      Mike - recovering alcoholic, who lost his son to alcohol & drug addiction & suicide.
      Matt - May God have mercy on his soul
      Mark N - 20 years old with cancer and just started chemeotherapy.
      Berna, Raouf and Alex Halim - Serious car accident, Raouf is in the ICU.
      Wahid Girgus - MS
      Andrew and his parents - 10 days old infant with the Lymphatic nodes not working and other medical consequences.
      John and his parents - unborn baby with kidney damage.
      S. Magda - Health problems.
      M & O - Family problems
      Ariana - 3 1/2yrs, inoperable brain tumor
      Noussa B. - Heal her.
      Magdy B - Cancer.
      Megan - Hodgkins Lyphoma - Thank God, her Hodgkins Lymphoma is now in remission
      Abouna A - Prostate Cancer - unforuntately, now has brain cancer as well.
      Judi & John - Son with Severe Developmental Disabilities
      Anthony - Autism
      Christina - Chronic Pain
      Karen & Tony - Infertility - Thank God, They, had a Baby Boy (Garrett)
      Steve - Cancer (fighting it for 10 years +)
      Samiha - Dementia
      Adly - Parkinson's Disease
      The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
      Nancy - Glass went into her right eye.
      L. Waters - Heart surgery. Mr. Waters is recovering nicely.
      K. Hood - Cancer. Kerri had a successful surgery.
      D. Arteaga - Surgery
      Fadia - Breast Cancer.
      Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
      J.David - Depression,School,Drug problems, needs God's Guidance.
      George k - Cancer
      Frances - Brain Tumor
      Alber - Cancer
      K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
      E. Tawadros - Guide her to the right path and grant her wish.
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Mary - Breast cancer
      A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat - severe diabetes.
      Samy - Bone cancer.
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Zouhair - stomach cancer.
      Magdy - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Eugene - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      H. Adel - finish the immigration papers and preparation successfully.
      E.Tawadros - Guide her to the right ways and complete IT to the best it will be.
      Shareen - Stays out of trouble, gets closer to God, and Leads a pure life.
      Mark H - MS
      Mamdooh, Nahed, Marina and Cyril - May the will of The Lord be done.
      M. Michael, C. Michael, M. Michael, R. Michael and family and friends.
      M. M. Fayez.
      R. Farouk's Family
      Kristen and her brother
      David - To be close to a Church
      George - pass the final interview for a Job,to survive extreme debts.
      Kristina may God heal her and help Ed in school, and help Joan with her finance problems.
      Bassem - bare the severe circumstances he is passing through and give him peace.
      Alfred - needs guidance and acknowledgement of the right way.
      Hala - give her peace.
      Evette - let her find the right way and have satisfaction.
      Heba - give her the right decision.
      Mona - take care of her cause she's alone.
      William E. and Family
      Fr. Heinen and family.
      Norma, Laura and Ibrahim.
      Stephanie - autism, and for her family
      Dina's salvation
      Marie Y - Rheumatoid arthitis
      MMH: For guidance, strength, and wisdom
      Heidi - work problems, May God give her the right choice
      Luka - Autism and to relief his family
      Shery - in her school and Master preperation.
      Jarcie - legal and financial difficulties, and return her to Christ.
      Gabriel & family - May they find a suitable Orthodox Church to be catechized and baptized in.
      S.H. - Needs God's guidance to make the right career choice
      Mario F. - Grant solitude to his family and to repair all damaged relationships.
      STMCOC of DC mission trip to Africa and India this fall.
      The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.
      ERA: The mission of the EgyptiansRelief.org in Egypt may God prosper all the work done everywhere the service is.
      Yvone - Dizziness and a bleeding mouth and nose.
      Widad - Cancer.
      Nour - God would reunite his broken family.
      Jimmy, Fady, Shady - To experience and love Christ.
      PM, EM, CM and JM - Salvation and to be brought to Christ.
      Fr. Wade+ and family - protection and support
      St. Andrews Mission, Lakeland, FL - new mission plant
      E and L - Solution to their problems according to God's will.
      Hani - To experience the love of Christ through salvation.
      Safwat - Away from God.
      A.S. - Find the right path.
      E.F. - Spiritual guidance from God to find his way back to Him.
      RMG & Family - Comfort & Peace in time of grief.
      Clara M - (3 years old) has Lukemia.
      F.Tawfik - High sugar level.
      Baby H.M.Hany - May God heal her.
      E.Tawadros - Difficult times, in need of God's guidance.
      Kamal G.
      Samir A.
      Hazem
      Shady S. - Guidance and support.
      Richard - Heart condition, sorrow and despair.
      Give peace and prosper to St Bishoy church - stouffville.
      Mariam - Show her compassion after being so broken hearted
      M&M: Family problems
      The Christians in Iraq, and those who have fled from there and are living destitute as refugees.
      A.S. - Gets closer to God
      Hala - God lead her to stability and peace
      AnaSimone, may God unite her with her father.
      Kathy, May God unite her with her husband.
      Mina, may God unite hime with his wife and daughter.
      Mina's family, may God grant them love and peace.
      Carla Jean, Tessa, James.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2581 of 2581 , Mar 5 6:59 PM

        "'Blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy' (Matt. 5:7). The merciful person is he who gives to others what he has himself received from God, whether it be money, or food, or strength, a helpful word, a prayer, or anything else that he has through which he can express his compassion for those in need. At the same time he considers himself a debtor, since he has received more than he is asked to give."

           St. Peter of Damaskos.

        "Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust. O my soul, you have said to the Lord, You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You."  Psalm 16:1-2

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Amshir, March 6, is:
        14 And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute. So it was, when the demon had gone out, that the mute spoke; and the multitudes marveled. 15 But some of them said, He casts out demons by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons. 16 Others, testing Him, sought from Him a sign from heaven. 17 But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls. 18 If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? Because you say I cast out demons by Beelzebub. 19 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. 20 But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. 21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. 22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils. 23 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 24 When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, `I will return to my house from which I came.' 25 And when he comes, he finds it swept and put in order. 26 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. (Luke 11:14-26)
        Departure of St. Eustathius, Patriarch of Antioch.

        The Bible reading for the 28th of Amshir, March 7, is: Matthew 18:23-35
        Martyrdom of St. Theodore, the Roman.

        The Bible reading for the 29th of Amshir, March 8, is: Luke 15:11-32
        Martyrdom of St. Polycarp, Bishop of Smyrna.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.