Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 3182 , Jun 30, 2008
      "For myself, I listen to the father who says, 'Woe to body when it does not consume the nourishment that is from without, and woe to the soul when it does not receive the grace that is from above!' He speaks justly - for the body will perish once it has passed into the world of inanimate things, and the soul will become enmeshed in the demonic life and the thoughts of demons if it turns away from that which is proper to it."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

      The Bible reading for the 24th of Paona, July 1st, is:
      Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it-- lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, "This man began to build and was not able to finish.' Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.
      "Salt is good; but if the salt has lost its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land nor for the dunghill, but men throw it out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (Luke 14:25-35)
      Martyrdom of the Great Saint Anba Moses the Black.

      The Bible reading for the 25th of Paona, July 2nd, is: Luke 10:1-20
      Martyrdom of St. Jude, one of the Seventy Disciples.
      Departure of St. Peter the Fourth, 34th Pope of Alexandria.

      Prayer Requests:

      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      The congregation of St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church in Delaware and the family of Malak M.
      Athanasius - Newborn with rare disorder requiring multiple surgeries, and for his family - Comfort, strength and reassurance
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Breast Cancer
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 3182 of 3182 , Sep 21 5:19 PM

        "Upon awakening, first give praise to God and, having asked His intercession, begin your most important work, that is, to pray in the heart, purely and without distraction...We are commanded to bring the first and best as offering to God, that is our first thought which we must direct straight to our Lord Jesus Christ in a pure prayer of the heart..."

        Monks Callistus and Ignatius.

        "But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works."  Psalm 73:28

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Tut, September 22, is:
        13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am? 14 So they said, Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets. 15 He said to them, But who do you say that I am? 16 Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. (Matt. 16:13-19)
        Commemoration of the Archangel Michael.
        The Assembly of the Third Ecumenical Council at Ephesus to Judge Nestorius, Archbishop of Constantinople.
        The Translocation of the Relics of Sts. Clemus (Aklimos) and His Companions.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Tut, September 23, is: John 10:1-16
        Departure of Pope Mattheos II, 90th Patriarch of the See of St. Mark.
        Commemoration of the Miracle performed by St. Basilius (Basil), Bishop of Caesarea, Cappadocia.

        The Bible reading for the 14th of Tut, September 24, is: Luke 10:21-28
        Departure of St. Agathon the Stylite.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.