Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2656 , Jun 30, 2008
      "For myself, I listen to the father who says, 'Woe to body when it does not consume the nourishment that is from without, and woe to the soul when it does not receive the grace that is from above!' He speaks justly - for the body will perish once it has passed into the world of inanimate things, and the soul will become enmeshed in the demonic life and the thoughts of demons if it turns away from that which is proper to it."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

      The Bible reading for the 24th of Paona, July 1st, is:
      Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it-- lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, "This man began to build and was not able to finish.' Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.
      "Salt is good; but if the salt has lost its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land nor for the dunghill, but men throw it out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (Luke 14:25-35)
      Martyrdom of the Great Saint Anba Moses the Black.

      The Bible reading for the 25th of Paona, July 2nd, is: Luke 10:1-20
      Martyrdom of St. Jude, one of the Seventy Disciples.
      Departure of St. Peter the Fourth, 34th Pope of Alexandria.

      Prayer Requests:

      H.H. Pope Shenouda III
      The congregation of St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church in Delaware and the family of Malak M.
      Athanasius - Newborn with rare disorder requiring multiple surgeries, and for his family - Comfort, strength and reassurance
      The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
      H.M - Hardship.
      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Breast Cancer
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2656 of 2656 , Jul 2 5:56 PM

        Christ is my God and my hope.
        His cross is the rod of my faith.
        His pierced side is the flood of my baptism.
        The blood of His flagellation is the oil of my anointment.
        His apostles are the guide of my way.
        My lady Mariam is the door of my salvation.

           Aba Giorgis of Gasicha.

        "And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord hears the poor."  Psalm 69:32-33

        The Bible reading for the 26th of Baunah, July 3, is:
        13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. 16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, `Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, `Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it. 23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel! 25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matt. 23:13-36)
        Departure of the Great Prophet Joshua Son of Nun.
        The Consecration of the Church of Archangel Gabriel.

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Baunah, July 4, is: Mark 1:1-11
        Martyrdom of St. Ananias, the Apostle.
        Martyrdom of St. Thomas of Shentalet.

        The Bible reading for the 28th of Baunah, July 5, is: Luke 6:27-38
        Departure of St. Theodosius, 33rd Pope of Alexandria.
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of Anba Sarabamoun, Bishop of Nikios.

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith