Spiritual Words. Feast of St. George Prince of the Martyrs

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 7:38 PM
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "You have seen then, man, that transgression is evil, and that sin brings about suffering and anguish. Quick, man, flee from sin, think at once of death, for it is written, 'The prudent man treats sin harshly,' and 'The face of ascetics will shine like the sun.' Remember too that Moses 'preferred to suffer with the people of God rather than enjoy the passing pleasures of sin.' If you love the sufferings of the saints, they will be your friends and intercessors before God. He will grant all your proper requests, because you carried your cross and followed your Lord."

      St. Pachomius.

      "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

      The Bible reading for the 23rd of Baramouda, May 1st, is:
      Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd. And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep." Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise." So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.
      Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, "A great prophet has risen up among us"; and, "God has visited His people." And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding region. (Luke 7:11-17)
      Martyrdom of St. George Prince of the Martyrs.

      The Bible reading for the 24th of Baramouda, May 2nd, is: Mark 16:2-8
      Departure of Pope Sinuthius (Shenouda I), 55th Pope of Alexandria.
      Martyrdom of St. Sina, the Soldier.

      Prayer Requests:

      William H. - Cancer
      Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
      Emad - Lung cancer.
      Larry W. - Lung cancer
      Albert - Operation
      Abanoub
      Eva S - Breast Cancer
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
      Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
      Elisha Mary - return to Communion
      E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
      Hanaa S - Breast Cancer
      Zakia A. - Cancer

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2012

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Humble yourself and you will see the glory of God in yourself."

        St. Seraphim of Sarov.

        "My defense is of God, Who saves the upright in heart. God is a just judge, And God is angry with the wicked every day." Psalm 7:10-11

        The Bible reading for the 23rd of Baramouda, May 1st, is:
        12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said to them, Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. (John 8:12-16)
        Martyrdom of St. George, Prince of the Martyrs.

        The Bible reading for the 24th of Baramouda, May 2nd, is: John 8:23-26
        Departure of Pope Sinuthius (Shenouda I), 55th Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Sina, the Soldier.

        Prayer Requests:

        Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani - Awaiting execution in Iran
        Aida E. - Liver Cancer.
        The Samann family.
        Rabab and family.
        Simon G. - Urinary tract disability and back problems.
        Ibrahim - Lung cancer
        Amal - Breast cancer
        Wageh S.- Cancer and heart surgeries
        George A. - Respiratory Problems.
        Fr. Athanasius Ava Mina - Intestinal problems.
        Huda S. - Peace and health.
        The family of Mary R.
        Rita P. - Ovarian Cancer
        Julia M.S. - An infant with a lung deficiency disorder
        Julie - In a coma from a serious car accident
        Marian L - Late stage MS
        Nadia - Lung cancer
        Heidi - Difficulty to conceive
        John - Brain aneurysm
        Eva - Paralyzed from a stroke
        Sonty P. - Suffering from cancer. Please pray for her healing and financial ability.
        Lidya P. - Suffering from a stroke.
        Rev. Davy P. - Suffering from hepatitis type B.
        Somaya M. - Being tested for breast cancer.
        Eman, Hany and Daniel - Suffered serious injuries from a car accident
        The family of Neveen M.
        Emil S. - Open heart surgery.
        Clement - Lung and liver cancer
        M.M.- metabolic syndrome
        Sherien - Cancer
        Emad. Please pray for his family
        Scott - Crones Disease
        J. Shapiro - Cancer.
        C.L. - Complete recovery after a tragic car accident.
        M. Ragheb - Out of the ICU but he is still under critical care
        M. Fleming - Multiple brain and spinal cord diseases.
        Fr. Wissa Bessada
        G. Roubil - Out of ICU
        The Coptic mission trip to Mexico.
        Camilo, Julio Renaldo, Diego and family, Hong and Pablo - Accept the faith and get baptized.
        H.H. Pope Shenouda III
        David - rectal and liver cancer.
        The family of Larry W. - May the Lord grant them peace.
        H.M - Hardship.
        William H. - Cancer
        Makram G. - Liver Cirrhosis in the last stages
        Emad - Lung cancer.
        Albert - Operation
        Abanoub
        Eva S - Recovery from a heart surgery.
        M.B.- Breast Cancer
        Mark - brain tumor
        Fr. Anthony H.
        Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
        F.Z. may God help him in his service.
        Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
        Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
        Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
        Shery - Tumor near her spinal chord.
        E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
        Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
        Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
        Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.
        Anthony - PTSD from Iraq
        Elisha Mary - return to Communion
        E. - Brain tumor, 22 yrs old with 2 kids.
        M. Chouinard and her family and students.
        Sharon P - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, PTSD
        Jan P - pancreatic cancer
        Becky Cox D - bone marrow cancer
        Eric G - throat cancer
        Samantha M - Type 1 diabetes
        Amelia T - Breast Cancer
        Anthony C - Kidney Stones
        Emad: To be closer to God
        Safa: To be closer to God
        Badra: Comfort
        Souzy: Guidance
        Leelamma M - Please pray for her family.
        Vladimir and Vaclav.
        Steve - Depression.
        M Said.
        Viola - Pray for her soul and her family to know the Lord and understand HIS work
        Sandy: God open her eyes, give her wisdom
        Nicole: Wisdom
        Hazem A. - Overcome his addiction, and gives him strength & will power.
        Kip - Her spine is breaking down & will need surgery to have a rod inserted.
        Katherine - Make right decisions as she enters adulthood.
        Susan - Finds peace and overcome her suicidal thoughts.
        Sue's family - Return, as a family, to our church and find peace.
        Jacky A. and Family.
        John D. - Job
        L&M - Aspberger's syndrome
        ME- return to God, the Church & the Sacraments
        KEE - patience, perseverance, faith, strength, healing
        Z. Saddak - Health
        The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA