Who is GOD????

  • Hani Youssef
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      How is God Explained

      It was written by an 8-year old, Danny Dutton of Chula Vista, CA, for his
      third grade homework assignment. The assignment was to explain God. Wonder
      if any of us could do as well???

      EXPLAIN GOD

      One of God's main jobs is making people. He makes them to replace the ones
      that die, so there will always be enough people to take care of things on
      earth.
      He doesn't make grown-ups, just babies. I think because they are smaller and
      easier to make. That way He doesn't have to take up His valuable time
      teaching them to talk and walk. He can just leave that to mothers and
      fathers.
      God's second most important job is listening to prayers. An awful lot of
      this goes on, since some people, like preachers and such, pray at times
      other than bedtime. God doesn't have time to listen to the radio or TV
      because of this. Because He hears everything, there must be a terrible lot
      of noise in His ears, unless He has thought of a way to turn it off.
      God sees everything, hears everything and is everywhere, which keeps Him
      pretty busy. So you shouldn't go wasting His time by going over your Mom and
      dad's head asking for something they said you couldn't have.
      Atheists are people who don't believe in God. I don't think there are any in
      Chula Vista. At least there aren't any who come to our church.
      Jesus is God's Son. He used to do all the hard work like walking on water
      and performing miracles and trying to teach the people who didn't want to
      learn about God. They finally got tired of Him preaching to them and they
      crucified Him. But He was good and kind, like His Father, and He told His
      Father that they didn't know what they were doing and to forgive them and
      God said, "O.K." His Dad (God) appreciated everything that He had done and
      all His hard work on earth, so He told Him He didn't have to go out on the
      road anymore. He could stay in heaven. So He did. And now He helps His Dad
      out by listening to prayers and seeing things which are important for God
      to take care of, and which ones He can take care of Himself without having
      to bother God. Like a secretary, only more important.
      You can pray anytime you want and they are sure to help you, because they
      got it worked out so one of them is on duty all the time.
      You should always go to church on Sunday because it makes God happy, and if
      there's anybody you want to make happy, it's God.
      Don't skip church to do something you think will be more fun like going to
      the beach. This is wrong. And besides the sun doesn't come out at the beach
      until noon anyway.
      If you don't believe in God, besides being an atheist, you will be very
      lonely, because your parents can't go everywhere with you, like to camp, but
      God can. It is good to know He's around you when you're scared in the dark
      or when you can't swim and you get thrown into real deep water by big kids.
      But you shouldn't just always think of what God can do for you. I figure God
      put me here and He can take me back anytime He pleases.
      And that's why I believe in God.
      God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am
      so far behind, I will live forever.

      Hani N. Youssef
      hani.n.youssef@...