Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2595 , Dec 2, 2002
      "When a person is in a state of natural well-being, he sings the psalms with
      a full voice and prefers to pray out loud. But when he is energized by the
      Holy Spirit, with gladness and completely at peace he sings and prays in the
      heart alone. The first condition is accompanied by a delusory joy, the second
      by spiritual tears and, thereafter, by a delight that loves stillness. For
      the remembrance of God, keeping its fervor because the voice is restrained,
      enables the heart to have thoughts that bring tears and are peaceful. In this
      way, with tears we sow seeds of prayer in the earth of the heart, hoping to
      reap the harvest of joy (Ps. 126:5). But when we are weighed down by deep
      despondency, we should for a while sing psalms out loud, raising our voice
      with joyful expectation until the thick mist is dissolved by the warmth of
      song."

      St. Diadochos of Photiki.

      (The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his
      feet in the blood of the wicked, So that men will say, "Surely there is a
      reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth.") Psalm
      58:10,11

      The Bible reading for the 24th of Hatour, December 3rd, is:
      1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
      God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him,
      and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the
      life was the light of men.

      5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend
      it. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for
      a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
      8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That
      was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10
      He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did
      not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But
      as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
      to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the
      will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became
      flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only
      begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

      15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I
      said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.' "
      16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the
      law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
      (John 1:1-17)
      Commemoration of the Twenty-four Priests.

      The Bible reading for the 25th of Hatour, December 4th, is: Matt. 12:9-23
      Martyrdom of St. Philopater Marcorious (Abu Sefien).

      His Grace Bishop David will be holding a general youth meeting at St. George
      Coptic Orthodox Church in Brooklyn, NY.

      Date: Friday, December 6, 2002
      Time: 7:30 PM

      For directions, visit:
      http://www.geocities.com/marksadek/Directions or e-mail me at
      MarkSadek@...

      Prayer Requests:
      Please remember me in your prayers.
      Please pray for Gabrielle Brewer who is pregnant with a potentially serious,
      life-threatening illness for the developing baby.
      Please remember Jessica in your prayers. Jessica is 15 years old suffering
      from brain cancer.
      Please remember Daniel who is 14 years old and has cancer in your prayers.
      Daniel is in a serious condition and is getting very weak. He is the only
      child to his parents.
      Please remember Suzanne Hanna in your prayers.
      Please remember Shwaki Ghobrial in your prayers.
      Please remember Zouhair Macktaby in your prayers. Zouhair is suffering from
      stomach cancer.
      Please remember Hanan Shawki in your prayers. Hanan has a brain tumor and she
      is a mother of two young Kids. Because of your prayers, Hanan is doing much
      better.
      Please remember Mina Aziz in your prayers. Because of your prayers, Mina went
      back to Egypt Walking :)
      Please remember Magdy Wadi in your prayers. Magdy has a brain tumor.
      Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph
      node and voice box.
      Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
      Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor
      removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids. John is getting
      better.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2595 of 2595 , Mar 26 6:45 PM

        "If, then, you thus persist with all your strength and soul, knocking, begging, and asking Him, He will not abandon you but, whether through Himself or through one of His servants, He will teach you as many things as you need to do and, through His grace and the prayers of His servant, will grant you the strength to accomplish them. For without Him you will be able to do nothing. He, though, as I have just said, will be all things to you unceasingly. And if He does not become all things, at least you will be found to be seeking Christ at the hour of your death, at least you will be found subject to His friends and authorities and serving Him through them - for the will of God is the will of His servants - at least you will be found working and not idle, in humility and not in conceit."

           St. Symeon the New Theologian.

        "He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully."  2 Corinthians 9:6

        The Bible reading for the 18th of Baramhat, March 27, is:
        1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him. 3 Jesus answered and said to him, Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, `You must be born again.' 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. 9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said to him, Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. (John 3:1-13)
        Martyrdom of St. Isidore, Friend of Sina the Soldier.

        The Bible reading for the 19th of Baramhat, March 28, is: Mark 10:46-52
        Martyrdom of St. Aristobulus, the apostle.
        Martyrdom of the Sts. Alexander, Agabius, Alexander, Timol (Timolaos), Dionysius, Romulus, and Blesius (Valesius).

        The Bible reading for the 20th of Baramhat, March 29, is: John 9:1-41
        Departure Of the St. Anba Khail (Mikhail), 56th Pope of the See of St. Mark.
        Raising of Lazarus from the dead.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith