Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2612 , Dec 2, 2002
      "When a person is in a state of natural well-being, he sings the psalms with
      a full voice and prefers to pray out loud. But when he is energized by the
      Holy Spirit, with gladness and completely at peace he sings and prays in the
      heart alone. The first condition is accompanied by a delusory joy, the second
      by spiritual tears and, thereafter, by a delight that loves stillness. For
      the remembrance of God, keeping its fervor because the voice is restrained,
      enables the heart to have thoughts that bring tears and are peaceful. In this
      way, with tears we sow seeds of prayer in the earth of the heart, hoping to
      reap the harvest of joy (Ps. 126:5). But when we are weighed down by deep
      despondency, we should for a while sing psalms out loud, raising our voice
      with joyful expectation until the thick mist is dissolved by the warmth of
      song."

      St. Diadochos of Photiki.

      (The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his
      feet in the blood of the wicked, So that men will say, "Surely there is a
      reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth.") Psalm
      58:10,11

      The Bible reading for the 24th of Hatour, December 3rd, is:
      1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
      God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him,
      and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the
      life was the light of men.

      5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend
      it. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for
      a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
      8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That
      was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10
      He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did
      not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But
      as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
      to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the
      will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became
      flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only
      begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

      15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I
      said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.' "
      16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the
      law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
      (John 1:1-17)
      Commemoration of the Twenty-four Priests.

      The Bible reading for the 25th of Hatour, December 4th, is: Matt. 12:9-23
      Martyrdom of St. Philopater Marcorious (Abu Sefien).

      His Grace Bishop David will be holding a general youth meeting at St. George
      Coptic Orthodox Church in Brooklyn, NY.

      Date: Friday, December 6, 2002
      Time: 7:30 PM

      For directions, visit:
      http://www.geocities.com/marksadek/Directions or e-mail me at
      MarkSadek@...

      Prayer Requests:
      Please remember me in your prayers.
      Please pray for Gabrielle Brewer who is pregnant with a potentially serious,
      life-threatening illness for the developing baby.
      Please remember Jessica in your prayers. Jessica is 15 years old suffering
      from brain cancer.
      Please remember Daniel who is 14 years old and has cancer in your prayers.
      Daniel is in a serious condition and is getting very weak. He is the only
      child to his parents.
      Please remember Suzanne Hanna in your prayers.
      Please remember Shwaki Ghobrial in your prayers.
      Please remember Zouhair Macktaby in your prayers. Zouhair is suffering from
      stomach cancer.
      Please remember Hanan Shawki in your prayers. Hanan has a brain tumor and she
      is a mother of two young Kids. Because of your prayers, Hanan is doing much
      better.
      Please remember Mina Aziz in your prayers. Because of your prayers, Mina went
      back to Egypt Walking :)
      Please remember Magdy Wadi in your prayers. Magdy has a brain tumor.
      Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph
      node and voice box.
      Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
      Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor
      removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids. John is getting
      better.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2612 of 2612 , Apr 27 8:12 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "When a man is enriched with heavenly treasure -- and I mean the presence and the indwelling of Him Who said: 'I and the Father shall come and make our home in him,' -- then such a man knows in his very soul what immense grace he has received and what great happiness he contains within the palace of his heart. He speaks to God like one friend to another, and in all boldness stands before the face of Him Who dwells in light inaccessible."

           St. Symeon the New Theologian.

        "My defense is of God, Who saves the upright in heart. God is a just judge, And God is angry with the wicked every day."  Psalm 7:10-11

        The Bible reading for the 20th of Baramoudah, April 28, is:
        12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said to them, Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. (John 8:12-16)
        Martyrdom of St. Babnuda (Paphnute).

        The Bible reading for the 21st of Baramoudah, April 29, is: John 8:23-26
        Commemoration of the Lady the Theotokos.
        Departure of St. Hierotheos, of Athens.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith