Philippians 1:29

  • Sylvia Samir Labib
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2005
      Philippians 1:29

      For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him .… Philippians 1:29

      Suffer! How is suffering a privilege? It's not unless it is for Jesus. Remember how the early apostles were joyful because they were counted worthy to suffer for the name? (cf. Acts 5:41) You see, he suffered for us so we could be saved. When we face suffering for the cause of Christ and his Kingdom, we help inspire others to live faithfully in adversity and show to all the genuineness of our faith. So few have anything worthy of their living, dying, or suffering. We have reason for all three: our lives will be caught up in Jesus' victory! (cf. Rom. 8:32-39; 1 Cor. 15)

      Make me courageous, O God! Help me to be faithful in times of trouble and strong in times of persecution, hardship, and suffering. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.