Moldova wants to spread Orthodox faith on its soil

  • arbible
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2005
      Moldova wants to spread Orthodox faith on its soil
      15:04 | 13/ 11/ 2005

      CHISINAU, November 13 (RIA Novosti) - Moldova will make all possible
      efforts to strengthen the influence of the Orthodox Church on its
      soil, Moldovan President Vladimir Voronin said Sunday.

      Voronin attended a liturgy in the capital of the country, Chisinau,
      held by Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexiy II, who is staying
      in Moldova on a pastoral visit.

      "We cannot build our common home [the Republic of Moldova] without
      faith," Voronin said.

      "We appreciate your efforts aimed at the country's spiritual
      rebirth," the Patriarch said. "We appreciate the efforts of Vladimir
      Voronin to rebuild Moldova spiritually by restoring sacred places
      that had been destroyed in the past," the Patriarch said.

      Alexiy II awarded Voronin with the 1st degree Order of Blessed
      Prince Dmitry Donskoy.