Fwd: The untold half:

  • Hada Jo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005

      I once told a friend that God is great. He answered (Did you see Him yourself ?)

      He is right. Hearing and talking about God does not make a full report. When Queen of Sheba heard about Solomon, she was impressed, but wanted to test him herself. She took gold, spices and precious stones and went to him. Solomon answered all her questions and she perceived his wisdom and admired his staff and house, and house of the Lord.

      She realized that the report that she heard back home was true but the half was not told her, and that Solomon exceeds in wisdom what she knew about him.
      When she intended to leave. He gave her everything she requested, besides what he gave her according to his royal bounty.

      The report we have in hand about the Lord in not enough. We should go and experience Him, ourselves. We give our hearts (gold) to God, which is very precious to Him, and He, in turn will give us according to his royal bounty.

      When we come close enough to the Lord, we realize that half was not told us.

      " Nevertheless I did not believe the reports, until I came and my eyes had seen it. And behold, the half was not told me. You exceed in wisdom and prosperity the report which I heard. "
      1 Kings 10:7

      Nash Fouad