Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2614 , Aug 31, 2005
      "When we strive with diligent sobriety to keep watch over our rational faculties, to control and correct them, how else can we succeed in this task except by collecting our mind, which is dispersed abroad through the senses, and bringing it back into the world within, into the heart itself, which is the storehouse of all our thoughts?"

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "Let the saints be joyful in glory; Let them sing aloud on their beds." Psalms 149:5

      The Bible reading for the 26th of Misra, September 1st, is:
      12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. 13 But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 14 Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 17 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. 18 But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 19 By your patience possess your souls. (Luke 21:12-19)
      Martyrdom of St. Moses and his Sister Sarah.
      Martyrdom of St. Agabius, the Soldier, and his Sister Thecla.

      The Bible reading for the 27th of Misra, September 2nd, is: Luke 21:12-19
      Martyrdom of Sts. Benjamin and his Sister Eudexia.
      Martyrdom of St. Mary, the Armenian.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2614 of 2614 , Apr 29

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Discernment in beginners is true knowledge of themselves; in intermediate souls, it is a spiritual sense that faultlessly distinguishes what is truly good from what is of nature and opposed to it; and in the perfect, it is the knowledge which they have within by Divine illumination, and which can enlighten with its lamp what is dark in others. Or perhaps, generally speaking, discernment is, and is recognized as, the certain understanding of the Divine will on all occasions, in every place and in all matters; and it is only found in those who are pure in heart, and in body and in mouth."

           St. John Climacus.

        "Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name."  Psalm 33:20-21

        The Bible reading for the 22nd of Baramoudah, April 30, is:
        28 Then Jesus said to them, When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him. 30 As He spoke these words, many believed in Him. (John 8:28-30)
        Departure of St. Isaac (Ishaq), of Hourin.
        Departure of St. Alexander I, 19th Pope of the See of St. Mark.
        Departure of St. Mark 11, 49th Pope of the See of St. Mark.
        Departure of St. Michael 11, 53rd Pope of the See of St. Mark.

        The Bible reading for the 23rd of Baramoudah, May 1st, is: John 8:31-39
        Martyrdom of St. George, Prince of the Martyrs.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.