Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 3164 , Aug 31 6:46 PM
      "When we strive with diligent sobriety to keep watch over our rational faculties, to control and correct them, how else can we succeed in this task except by collecting our mind, which is dispersed abroad through the senses, and bringing it back into the world within, into the heart itself, which is the storehouse of all our thoughts?"

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "Let the saints be joyful in glory; Let them sing aloud on their beds." Psalms 149:5

      The Bible reading for the 26th of Misra, September 1st, is:
      12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. 13 But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 14 Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 17 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. 18 But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 19 By your patience possess your souls. (Luke 21:12-19)
      Martyrdom of St. Moses and his Sister Sarah.
      Martyrdom of St. Agabius, the Soldier, and his Sister Thecla.

      The Bible reading for the 27th of Misra, September 2nd, is: Luke 21:12-19
      Martyrdom of Sts. Benjamin and his Sister Eudexia.
      Martyrdom of St. Mary, the Armenian.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 3164 of 3164 , Aug 17 5:34 PM

        "For there exist, there really exist, ways which are even more important than abstinence from food which can open the gates which lead to God with boldness. He, therefore, who eats and cannot fast, let him display richer almsgiving, let him pray more, let him have a more intense desire to hear divine words. In this, our somatic illness is not a hindrance. Let him become reconciled with his enemies, let him distance from his soul every resentment. If he wants to accomplish these things, then he has done the true fast, which is what the Lord asks of us more than anything else. It is for this reason that he asks us to abstain from food, in order to place the flesh in subjection to the fulfillment of his commandments, whereby curbing its impetuousness."

        St. John Chrysostom, Homilies on Fasting.

        "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."  Galatians 6:9

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Misra, August 18, is:
        22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 I and My Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me? 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, `I said, You are gods '? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, `You are blaspheming,' because I said, `I am the Son of God'? 37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him. (John 10:22-38)
        Commemoration of the Honorable Archangel Michael.
        Cmmemoration of the enthronement of the Righteous Emperor Constantine, the Great.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Misra, August 19, is: Mark 9:2-13
        The Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord on Mount Tabor.

        The Bible reading for the 14th of Misra, August 20, is: Luke 5:27-39
        Commemoration of the Great Sign, the Lord had Manifested During the Papacy of St. Theophilus.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.