Photo and History (Love your enemies + Bless and do not curse)

  • Zeitun-eg.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2001

      Matthew 5:43-45 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

      Pope John Paul II with the Bulgarian/ Turkish assassin Ali Agea in his prison cell. On May 13, 1981 Pope John Paul II was seriously wounded as the Communist backed plot to kill the Pope failed."If there is one man responsible for the collapse of communism in Eastern Europe it is Pope John Paul II."
      --Mikhail Gorbachev, former Soviet President

      On May 13, 1981, at 5pm, the pontiff emerged for his weekly general audience in St. Peter's Square. After entering the open "popemobile," the pontiff was riding around the colonnade. When a Turkish terrorist, Mehmet Ali Agca fired at the pope. (The French intelligence would later reveal that the plot to kill the pope had been undertaken by the Bulgarian secret service at the behest of the KGB.) The pope had been wounded in his stomach, right elbow and index finger of his left hand. As the Pope slumped to the floor he repeated the words, "Mary, my mother! Mary, my mother!". After five hours and 20 minutes of operation, just over half a metre of John Paul II's intestine were removed. The bullet had passed a few millimetres from the aorta. If it had hit, death would have been instantaneous. The pope said later, "One hand fired and another guided the bullet." A secret prophesy that was revealed by Our Lady of Fatima to Sister Lucia on May 13, 1917. This prophesy written by Sister Lucia on 3 January 1944 "by order of His Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and the Most Holy Mother" would be disclosed by the Catholic Church on May 13, 2000. On the occasion of a visit to Rome by the then Bishop of Leiria-Fatima, the Pope decided to give him the bullet which had remained in the jeep after the assassination attempt, so that it might be kept in the shrine. By the Bishop's decision, the bullet was later set in the crown of the statue of Our Lady of Fatima. The Pope visited his assasin, Agca, in his cell and forgave him. The astonished Agca asked the Pope, "How is it that I could not kill you?"

      One journalist, after hearing the new Pope's first blessing in St. Peter's Square wired back to his editors: "This is not a pope from Poland, this is a pope from Galilee."

      Read more (with rare photos):
      http://www.newcovenantonline.com/pope/biography.html
      Photo source: http://www.maxkol.org/images/gallery/max25.jpg

      Luke 6:27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. Luke 23:34 Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." Romans 12:4 bless and do not curse.

      Glory be to Jesus Christ.

      In Christ's everlasting love, joy and peace (the fruits of the Holy Spirit),
      --Zeitun-eg.org (
      Our Lady of Zeitun Online/The Holy Bible Web Site - 1996-2001)
      Zeitun-eg.org is an interdenominational ministry.

      This message is permanently archived at:
      To subscribe, send e-mail to:
      arbible-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: