( 4) Faith

  • Sunday School
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2002

      Faith

      We, the Copts, inherited the faith from our faithful fathers who kept it through sacrificing their precious blood. They were strong. Mighty in their beliefs. W e appreciate this great gift.

      ·                   Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Heb 11). Faith endures trials. Trials come and go, but a strong faith will face them head-on and develop endurance.

      ·                   Faith understands temptation .It will not allow us to consent to our lust and slide into sin.(James 2:14-23)

      ·                      Faith obeys the word. It will not merely hear and not do. Faith produces doers. Faith harbors no prejudice.

      ·                      Faith without works cannot be called faith. Faith without works is dead, and a dead faith is worse than no faith at all.

      ·                      Faith must work, it must produce, and it must be visible.

      ·                      Verbal faith is not enough; mental faith is insufficient.

      ·                      Faith must be there, but it must be more. It must inspire action. Faith acts wisely, it gives us the ability to choose wisdom which is heavenly and to shun (avoid) wisdom that is earthly.

      ·                      Faith produces separation from the world and submission to God. It provides us with the ability to resist the devil and humbly draw near to God.

      ·                      Faith endures suffering for the truth, through trouble and trial it stifles (suppress) complaining. It also patiently waits for the coming of the Lord

      Prayer

       O Master Lord, give me faith that never fails, a faith that can remove mountains, burdens of sin, a faith that can endure temptations, that faith which draw humbly towards You, O God. Give me that faith that trusts on You. Do not let me trust anybody more than You. Open my eyes to understand Your will and do not let the world weakens my faith in You. You will lead me by the right road though I may not know anything about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will not leave me to face my perils alone!

      Pray for us,
      Servants of St.Mary and St.Antonious Church,Queens NY